What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

Post#351 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:03 pm

Test Drive V Rally 2, Soul Calibur and Capcom vs Snk 2.

I think I might play some SF Alpha 3, and hopefully, some Soul Reaver or Fighting Force 2 this week. The sad thing is, anytime I plan on playing Soul Reaver and Fighting Force 2, something always comes up, or I'm too tired to play adventure games, with lots of exploring. :geek: :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#352 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Test Drive V Rally 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
I'm playing games with 2 in the title. Lol!

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#353 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:21 am

I have been distracted by my Nomad and Mega Everdrive Pro. Playing Sega CD games on a Nomad seemed like an awesome idea, but it has some weird issues that I failed to see before buying the Pro. Adam Koralik covered much of these things in a video though.

Now back on topic, I recently re-acquired a few games including Armada and want to give it a run, but I keep finding other crap to do instead. I also want to play more of Reel Fishing Wild using the fishing controller. I tested it, but have not played much. It looks fairly well and I have enjoyed other Reel Fishing titles in the past.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#354 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:15 am

I finally unlocked Akuma. About time too. :D

Okay dudes. At around 7:40 pm yesterday, I finally did it. I finally unlocked Akuma in CvS1 Millenium Fight 2000. I fought him in the hidden forest statue stage, and after a good battle, I defeated him ending up with full 100 Gps points. I will admit, he was the toughest opponent to unlock. I fought him a few times last week and this week, and he didn't even appear in the secret factor shop, much to my disappointment. :?

After fighting him for the first time Friday night, in the hidden forest stage and not unlocking him (he was in snk groove), I decided to try again yesterday, and make over 82 Gps points, and after defeating him, I finally unlocked him. I bought him and his stage immediately. Now all I have to do is buy the ratio edit thing, and unlock his other costume colours. Yeah! :D

Okay. And I played some Project Justice a while ago before posting this.
Cheap gr@$$ last boss Hyo. Grrrrrrr. I kicked his butt and sent him back in detention. :lol:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#355 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:30 am

Gary_b wrote:Playing Sega CD games on a Nomad seemed like an awesome idea, but it has some weird issues that I failed to see before buying the Pro.

I completed my model 2 with a CD last some time back, so I got the x7 so perfect can power up the CD without yoking on the 32x's death-grip cartridge slot all time and can choose w/e BIOS too (funny no burn protection but certainly region lols)

But the 32x nuking Master System compatibility is dreadful! And cheating Master System is a slew of IPS patches to apply there+here

So now hilarious enough I await my first model 1 and I am getting the Pro for it, why? Solely to state save+load Master System :lol:

p00f but I am pretty disappointed in the CD, seems not more than a glorified Genesis, few games I see are using its graphics hardware (Silpheed intro must be king I assume)

Prukogui
lithium

Post#356 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:42 am

Thanks to Tío Victor's translation into Spanish, I played Shenmue (the first one) and it left me in awe. Soon I will play the second part that I have read that is better.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#357 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:12 pm

mistamontiel wrote:So now hilarious enough I await my first model 1 and I am getting the Pro for it, why? Solely to state save+load Master System :lol:

p00f but I am pretty disappointed in the CD, seems not more than a glorified Genesis, few games I see are using its graphics hardware (Silpheed intro must be king I assume)
I also wanted to play master system games. the problem is I own a JVC Xeye and a Nomad as well as a model one and model two Genesis. I don't want 3 of them out. I like Popful mail and one of the best parts is the CD audio voice overs. I could put the Xeye up now? its cheesy, but funny.I have an everdrive for my GBA too and that plays Master System games too.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#358 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:46 am

Gary_b wrote:I have an everdrive for my GBA too and that plays Master System games too.

Yeh man that's the last thing I received from krikzz for the GB Player and pretty bummed there is no cheats no states, I have to get good!? Metal Gear Ghost Babel re-visit away from emulator will wreck me

beatsetradio
shadow

Post#359 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:34 pm

Playing Skies of Arcadia for the first time! Always wanted to but only just dedicated myself to the time it will take

beanboy
Wazza

Post#360 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:50 am

Okay. 5:05 pm gaming for me. 8-)
A bit of Soul Calibur, Last Blade 2 Heart of a Samurai I played Moriya, then Capcom vs. Snk 2. I did some Haohmaru training in CvS2 to see his moveslist. I thought he had a magic tornado super move? Lol! :lol: