What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ventith
noob

Re: What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

Post#161 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 am

I'm all over PSO v1 right now, with a bit of MSR and Crazy Taxi in between. The execution of the kudos system in MSR is pure and addictive as hell. It's been a long time since I played a PGR game but this strikes me as having the best progression system of the entries I have played (MSR, 1 and 3).

beanboy
Wazza

Post#162 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 pm

Last Blade 2 and KOF 98 (aka KOF Dream match).
Yes, I'm suffering from SNK itis and capcom game medicine can't cure it. :lol:

thirdpunch
rebel

Post#163 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm

I randomly popped in Crazy Taxi 2 last night. I haven't touched it since June 2001. Looking through the game I noticed I never finished the Crazy Pyramid and was stuck on 1-1. I remember always getting stuck with 7 passengers left. I must of given up. Took a couple hours but I finally beat it this morning! Low and behold, I get surprised with another level for S-S which was just ridiculous, I finally beat that this afternoon and unlocked all of the original Crazy Taxi characters.

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#164 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Back into Powerstone 2 at the minute, having a 4 player games night with 3 mates tomorrow on it.
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#165 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:39 pm

I almost beat Red Dog which gets super hard as the game progresses.. and getting down on some mindless Sports Jam in between when I need a break from the grind!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#166 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Capcom vs. Snk Millenium Fight 2000.
This game has a ton of stuff to unlock.

Last night, I finally figured out another way, to beat that cheap last boss, called Geese Howard. Poor Evil Ryu, and my accidently picked Ryu and Ken team, had to go through crap just to beat him.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#167 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:20 am

beanboy wrote:Capcom vs. Snk Millenium Fight 2000.

Last night, I finally figured out another way, to beat that cheap last boss, called Geese Howard. Poor Evil Ryu, and my accidently picked Ryu and Ken team, had to go through crap just to beat him.

It does. I'm not going to lie, I didn't feel like taking the time and used a Game Shark back in the day.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#168 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:21 pm

DCGX wrote:
beanboy wrote:Capcom vs. Snk Millenium Fight 2000.

It does. I'm not going to lie, I didn't feel like taking the time and used a Game Shark back in the day.

Lol! I can understand why. A whole truck ton of things to unlock, can be overbearing sometimes. But for me I'm having alot of fun doing it the hard way. The other good thing is, at least I don't have to spend $500 or more, for dlc. :lol:

I bought Evil Iori the day before yesterday with my last 7000 points. He is fun to play. I'll fight the cpu in arcade mode with him later tonight. Hopefully I get to fight Bison as the last boss, because Geese Howard is annoying.

Okay. I'm back to playing Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X.
I had alot of fun playing it last night with Dan and Chun Li.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#169 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:58 am

It is fun to unlock things. That's something I miss most about new games especially with DLC (though 'Ghost of Tsushima' has a lot of unlockables through collecting and advancing the story without DLC). I just wish I had more time.

Case in point: I played through a DC games over the last couple of nights, including 'Daytona USA,' but a couple of those unlockable cars literally take hours upon hours of playing to unlock, and that game is just frustrating at times. I don't think I've played a racing game that works so hard against the player.

I also played both 'Tony Hawk' games. I first game isn't bad because it's much shorter, but 'Tony Hawk 2' is so much a step up from the first game in every way (which is good!) and there's a lot more to unlock.

Since we're on the subject, I also played a little 'The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas,' and every time I do the game reminds me of why it was cancelled lol.

Finally, after a 'Crazy Taxi' session, I got a little further in the championship of 'Millennium Racer'. I wish the harder difficulties were more than just more lapse in each race.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#170 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X
Chun Li and Chun Li again.

And I finally beat CvS with Evil Iori. Yeah! 8-)
I'm glad I fought Bison. Fighting him is more fun than Geese. :lol:
Now I must find a way, to get gp points without those points going down, to fight and unlock Akuma. The gp system in this game, makes finding and fighting secret characters tough.