What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
turntablism
rebel

Re: What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

Post#451 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:06 pm

Blue Submarine no 6
Nice game.
thanks a lot to those who translate the game into english !

beanboy
Wazza

Post#452 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:17 pm

SoulCalibur
Vampire Chronicle (training)
Powerstone
KOF dream match

beanboy
Wazza

Post#453 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, VF3TB and Test Drive V Rally 2.

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#454 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:14 pm

Bleem version of strider 2
Radquake including aliens radquake
Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2
Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2
Gigawing and sturmwind
Nazi zombies
Xeno crisis
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

ShreddieMercury
undertow

Post#455 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:40 pm

I've been sinking most of my time into Sega Rally 2. I initially bounced off of it, thinking that its handling was weird and difficult, but after giving it another shot I'm really having a blast. It requires real precision to get first place in the 10 year championship stages. I'm working my way through and am at year 5 now.

Also just found out about a cheat code that allows you to stabilize the framerate. It's mentioned in this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comments/klq4jt/the_dreamcast_sega_rally_2_port_doesnt_deserve/, and it really helps make the game more playable.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#456 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:25 am

Well, after a couple of days of relaxing and prayer, I decided to play some Soulcalibur tonight. Then I came here to post about it. :lol:

Woodneeded
undertow

Post#457 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:04 am

ShreddieMercury wrote:I've been sinking most of my time into Sega Rally 2. I initially bounced off of it, thinking that its handling was weird and difficult, but after giving it another shot I'm really having a blast. It requires real precision to get first place in the 10 year championship stages. I'm working my way through and am at year 5 now.

Also just found out about a cheat code that allows you to stabilize the framerate. It's mentioned in this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comments/klq4jt/the_dreamcast_sega_rally_2_port_doesnt_deserve/, and it really helps make the game more playable.

Report back on how that 10 year championship goes. I always get stuck on year 7 I just run out of speed

ShreddieMercury
undertow

Post#458 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Woodneeded wrote:
ShreddieMercury wrote:I've been sinking most of my time into Sega Rally 2. I initially bounced off of it, thinking that its handling was weird and difficult, but after giving it another shot I'm really having a blast. It requires real precision to get first place in the 10 year championship stages. I'm working my way through and am at year 5 now.

Report back on how that 10 year championship goes. I always get stuck on year 7 I just run out of speed

I was able to beat year 7, and I'm on to year 8. I thought it would get tiring but they do a pretty good job of changing up the time of day and weather conditions on each track, so each year so far has required different strategies to succeed. I still am unsure of how to optimize the car's settings for each track - I normally just adjust gear ratio and suspension up or down a notch depending on what the track looks like, but the nuances of what's best for each situation are a bit lost on me.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through all 10 years though. Each one has required more and more tries as I memorize exactly how to drive the tracks and what place I need to come in for each race. I can feel it becoming overly difficult, and my guess is that year 10 is a real doozy.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#459 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:12 pm

Powerstone I played Rouge.

CvS1 Sakura and Sagat, then Geese and Sagat

MvC2 Ryu, Magneto and War machine. Then the same team but, with Guile instead of Magneto. I didn't even realise, that War machine had a cool, tin coloured costume. Wow! :shock:

Gaming night was alot of fun. :D

Lila Corpsegrave
shadow

Post#460 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:05 pm

I decided to start an Extra Mode playthrough of Space Channel 5!
Not sure what else to play for the time being, though.