Retrobit DC controller update

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: Retrobit DC controller update

Post#21 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Hear SEGA officials talk about the Dreamcast controllers from Retro-bit. Watch at 43:15 to hear about their progress. We might get these new Dreamcast controllers before March 31st, 2020! If nothing else, they should arrive sometime during 2020.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:33 pm

call me crazy but i check every month on these. havent mentioned anything dreamcast since that post came out and Q4 2019 is like, now

Roel
Developer

Post#23 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:30 am

I've been waiting for Retro-bit to release their Saturn controllers with added analog sticks, but they've kept pushing back the release date for over a year. The local game store I frequent used to accept pre-orders for it, but meanwhile they've removed it (and several other unreleased Retro-bit products) from their website. Clearly they've lost faith in Retro-bit's ability to make a deadline.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#24 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 am

I'm very impatient for this dreamcast controller.
Hope they can improve the original model.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#25 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:00 am

Roel wrote:I've been waiting for Retro-bit to release their Saturn controllers with added analog sticks, but they've kept pushing back the release date for over a year. The local game store I frequent used to accept pre-orders for it, but meanwhile they've removed it (and several other unreleased Retro-bit products) from their website. Clearly they've lost faith in Retro-bit's ability to make a deadline.

I bought Sega Saturn wireless pad blue transparent 2 weeks ago. The quality is good but somehow have the feeling of 3rd party controller. I believe 8bitdo controllers have more quality and sometimes i feel have original controller in my hand. This company should get rights from Sega.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#26 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am

fafadou wrote:I'm very impatient for this dreamcast controller.
Hope they can improve the original model.

Me too, but i cant wait anymore and i bought Dreamconn version. I hope new DC controllers not come in 2025 after delays..

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#27 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Complaints on the real remote really

Well suited to its games

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#28 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:15 pm

cant jump on board there, theres a bunch of games i wont play because the single stick makes it so hard. even the n64 controller was easier for me to play the fps games

Roel
Developer

Post#29 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 am

I grew tired of waiting for the stick-enhanced controllers and got me some wireless Mega Drive controllers instead. And I love them!
- Great look & feel!
- Both MD and USB receivers are included, supporting a wide range of systems (although I only use it for MD and PC).
- Option to toggle between 3-button and 6-button modes (on Mega Drive).
- Option to toggle between Xinput and Dinput modes (on Windows).
- MicroUSB cable included for charging (I hate it when I have to get such basic parts separately).
- I like that they added some extra buttons while retaining a mostly authentic look.

I did experience some minor issues, though:
- The controller cannot be paired with the MD and USB receiver at the same time, so switching between systems is not effortless.
- The pairing procedure is not correctly described in the user manual, so it took some puzzling to figure it out.
- The button layout in Dinput mode is confusing (something like 236145 instead of 123456).

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#30 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:00 am

poopidoop wrote:Q4 2019 is like, now

That depends on the type of year. If they are talking about a regular calendar year (which is unlikely), then Quarter 4 would be from October 2019 to December 2019. However, if they are talking about a U.S. fiscal calendar year (which is likelier), then Quarter 4 would be from January 2020 to March 2020.