Retrobit DC controller update

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Retrobit DC controller update

Post#1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 am

Looks like the pads will have a new stick, a Saturn dpad and 6 buttons. Also labeled as Dreamcast 2020, so guessing we won't see it till next year.

https://twitter.com/personasama/status/ ... 83461?s=20ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sega RPG

Re: Retrobit DC controller update

Post#2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 am

seems interesting with six buttons, and even with that new dpad, now is a little hard to do combos in fighting games...

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:30 am

Huh. I didn't think they'd augment the controller at all. If these work as well as the original pads, I was considering retiring a couple of my limited edition DC controllers for these wireless ones. But 2020, now, sucks.

Papa_Wisdom
rebel

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am

I will be disappointed if they don’t make a version of the standard pad. I have been waiting for reasonably priced black ones.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Last night I dug up HD versions of the images. You can see it says in lower left hand corner of chart it releases 4th quarter 2019, with a price of $29.99 and presumably dual analog wireless ones will follow later. The chart image also shows it in color.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Holy crap, actual improvements.

That kinda throws a wrench in the gears for that Kickstarted Dreamcast "fighter" pad. Now the only thing that pad has really going for it is the new shape.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Also listed as wired. I'm guessing they are having an issue with VMU over wireless perhaps. I don't kind wired retro controllers though TBH.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:09 pm

The 6 button layout with the Saturn D-pad reminds me of the ascii FT pad..will be interesting to do some comparison tests with a 2D fighter. Bummer it isn't wireless, I wouldn't mind paying twice that amount if it was but probably going to buy one of these anyways just because Dreamcast :D

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Hm Wired. Yeah this is definitely a wait-and-see on both versions.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Guys lol, do you not realize they will get the wired ones out first, and then do the dual analog wireless ones much later? The Genesis/Mega Drive and Saturn dual analog wireless controllers aren't even out for goodness sake. We have to let them take their time with these and be patient. I reckon they are hoping for feedback from the fans on if they like the design or not before proceeding, but my guess is the design is set in stone or close to it now. Remember these are not slated to come out until summers end, and no word about them since so maybe they got pushed back too?