Is there a Tips and Strategies section on this forum?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: Is there a Tips and Strategies section on this forum?

Post#11 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:I will run this up the antenna and check the reception with Impulse and Radkin. I like this idea but it would need to be categorized and re-organized when each game is at a finished state but open for revisions like a Wikipedia page.

Okay. Thanks. :geek:

One more question, kinda related to this topic:
Can game screenshot pics be hosted/uploaded on this site, or, do I have to use a site like imgur to host pics?

Impulse
Admin

Post#12 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:19 pm

beanboy wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:I will run this up the antenna and check the reception with Impulse and Radkin. I like this idea but it would need to be categorized and re-organized when each game is at a finished state but open for revisions like a Wikipedia page.

Okay. :geek:

One more question, kinda related to this topic:
Can game screenshot pics be uploaded on this site, or, do I have to use a site like imgur to host pics?
Yes you can upload pictures here.

I think it's a cool idea to have a sub forum section dedicated to tips and even walkthroughs. It doesn't seem like it would be a super popular section but it's worth a shot.
-Impulse

beanboy
Wazza

Post#13 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:13 pm

@Impulse Thanks for the info on the pics.

Impulse wrote:
I think it's a cool idea to have a sub forum section dedicated to tips and even walkthroughs. It doesn't seem like it would be a super popular section but it's worth a shot.

Yeah, I agree. It was out of curiousity that I asked this question. Looking at it, I'm really glad I made this topic. Hopefully, something cool materialises out of it.

Impulse wrote:It doesn't seem like it would be a super popular section but it's worth a shot.

Yeah. You have a good point there. But it is possible, we might get a good handful of people, visiting this forum and checking them out too. And gamers who are veteran dreamcast fans, and gamers who are new to dreamcast games, might get some good use out of these written game tutorials. Especially since there are alot of games, that they probably haven't played yet, or are stuck in. Me included. :lol:

Like for eg. If I or some other member, were to post a ton of advanced tips and strategies, for dreamcast fighting games. Eg. Soul Calibur, or VF3TB etc, in the case of VF3tb, people from VFDC, might start visiting here too. Since there are a good bunch of sega fans, on that forum. :D

Impulse
Admin

Post#14 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:30 pm

beanboy wrote:
Yeah. You have a good point there. But it is possible, we might get a good handful of people, visiting this forum and checking them out too. And gamers who are veteran dreamcast fans, and gamers who are new to dreamcast games, might get some good use out of these written game tutorials. Especially since there are alot of games, that they probably haven't played yet, or are stuck in. Me included. :lol:

Like for eg. If I or some other member, were to post a ton of advanced tips and strategies, for dreamcast fighting games. Eg. Soul Calibur, or VF3TB etc, in the case of VF3tb, people from VFDC, might start visiting here too. Since there are a good bunch of sega fans, on that forum. :D

Ok, I created it, Here's your chance to become the curator of the section ;) post away viewforum.php?f=72

I located it under Lounge section.
-Impulse

beanboy
Wazza

Post#15 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 pm

Impulse wrote:
beanboy wrote:

Ok, I created it, Here's your chance to become the curator of the section ;) post away viewforum.php?f=72

I located it under Lounge section.

Dude, thanks alot. :D
And thanks to everyone else, for supporting this too. :)