Any Reccomendations on Games ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
codad1
shadow

Any Reccomendations on Games ?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello ! I've been really curious about the dreamcast for the past few months, and after dabbling with some games in an emulator I finally decided to save up soime money and buy a dreamcast, I just got it a few hours ago with House of the Dead 2 (It's the only game the store had :P) and its wonderful ! But I really wanted to know people opinions on good games. I mean I've played some PSO, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, and some Strumwind and thought those games were fun too tho. :lol: :D

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Re: Any Reccomendations on Games ?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:14 pm

If you like fighting games look no further, Soul Calibur DoA2, Project Justice, Plenty of other 2d ones as well, Crazy Taxi is also fun, Powerstone2. it is also the console to have if you like Shootem up Gigawing Mars Matrix, It also has a really cool game Armada that is a shoot em up with RPG elements (Leveling buying items etc) Its also multiplayer.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 pm

I think my favorites are PSO, Chu Chu Rocket, Worms World Party, and Capcom VS SNK.

Sega RPG

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:15 am

if you like racing then F355 is your thing, one of the best simulations ever, can't say it's pure arcade fun (because it isn't) but it's one of the most rewarding ones

on the arcade side we have shutoku battle 2 where you need to battle opponents to win money and upgrade your cars, it's tough but very fun and intriguing, or sega rally two which is pure fun. Don't know what others think but i like buggy heat very much, with good graphic and cheaper to find on the web.

if you like sports then are virtua striker which, even if not really a pure soccer game, it's one of the greatest (even if it can be frustrating at times), j-league spectacle soccer is another great game with very good graphic and good gameplay, is definitely the soccer game for the system. Then there are other sports, with virtua tennis, the 2k series which honestly beats ea hands down and if you like golf, we have netto golf which is one of the best golf game ever...

if you like fighting games you need to check guilty gear, a sprite based fighter, project justice which is one of capcom best games and heavy metal geomatrix which is very fun to play

if you like beat em ups you should check cannon spike and dynamite cop, they are a blast to play and in co-op the blast is even doubled

on the adventure side we're covered with shenmue which is the greatest and most innovative game ever (i dare others to contradict me :p ) and the resident evil series which is still a masterpiece nowadays

of course there are plenty of other games but those i mentioned will be a good start... :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:29 am

I mostly play online with PSO, Max Pool, 4x4 Evo, AFO, Planet Ring, PBA Tour Bowling 2001 and Tetris. Offline, I play Intellimess, Namco Museum, Shenmue 1 & 2 Crazt Taxi 2 and Spider-Man 1 & 2 (Bleemed).
My wife and I play Who Wants To Beat Up a Millionaire and Beats of Rage. Four of us at home play Looney Toons Space Race and Sonic Shuffle.
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

FraserBlueGaming
rebel

Post#6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:48 am

Tough one, since the Dreamcast has so many great games. From what I have and have played of, my 10 recommendations (my 10 favourite games so far)
Chu Chu Rocket
Power Stone
Soul Calibur
Phantasy Star Online
Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure
Metropolis Street Racer
Jet Set Radio
Wacky Races
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing

Hope that helped!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:18 pm

codad1 wrote:Hello ! I've been really curious about the dreamcast for the past few months, and after dabbling with some games in an emulator I finally decided to save up soime money and buy a dreamcast, I just got it a few hours ago with House of the Dead 2 (It's the only game the store had :P) and its wonderful ! But I really wanted to know people opinions on good games. I mean I've played some PSO, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, and some Strumwind and thought those games were fun too tho. :lol: :D

Here's some more great ones.

Virtua Fighter 3tb (A very advanced 3d fighting game.)
Soul Calibur
Powerstone 1 (Powerstone 2 is nice too.)
Dead Or Alive 2
Project Justice
Vampire Chronicles For Matchmaking Service (aka DarkStalkers)
Guilty Gear X By your Side
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New age of heroes

Aqua GT
Hydro Thunder

F335 Challenge (Racing sim)
F1 World Grand Prix 1 and 2 (It's a racing sim game. Gamers say part one is way better.)
Daytona USA
Metropolis Street Racer

Soul Reaver

Donald Duck Gone Quackers

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#8 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:33 pm

i just started playing record of lodoss war for the first time and im having a pretty good time. its similar to diablo.