CDRs - Need Dreamcast Tools

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

CDRs - Need Dreamcast Tools

Post#1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 pm

HI guys I was lucky enough to find 3 BLANK CDRs.

I was going to wisely use them for Dreamcast.

So here's somw questions.

I like playing a JAPAN Import of RESIDENT EVIL 2 , as you know I 1ST got to start the system with code breakers ,

so yeah several disc swapping has to occur , REAL ANNOYING ,

Is their a Region Bios Flasher somewhere ?

Also I love sport games , As you know , Seasons and Saves usually take a whole VMU , Where's the data shrinker at ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: CDRs - Need Dreamcast Tools

Post#2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 am

I would wait on japanese-cake's new BIOS (won't he reg here er I suppose he is regged to too many sites?), as the current one doesn't allow all the homebrews notably Bleem!cast to boot

Why don't you burn Xiaopang's Biohazard 2? Doh.. does that exist no more.. dawh sure here it is I just despise how Replayers put their own spin on the archives and trashing the release notes

Also I forget if you noticed one of my posts way back there is VMUCD Dream On by El Bucanero, so it's a fuckton of saves but also VMZip utility that yehp will shrink your saves

http://www.bucanero.com.ar/downloads/

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:49 am

Hey there yes , I just burned the Compresser , omg this is the best.

Note to anyone , You must keep both the Original and Compressed Verison of the data on the card :)

Ah Yes , Is that BH2 Untampered with ?

because the RDC and DCRES of the USA one doesn't work right in the side/mini games,

I see both USA and JAPAN , I wonder if they are both 1:1 OF Original Release ?

They are not the Tampered with RDC/DCRES Verisons ?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:31 am

Wait , I have an all Original BIOHAZARD 2 , Couldn't I make my own 1:1 of each disc now ?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:23 am

Yeah this compresser does not do what I though it would ?

I compressed my save nfl 2k1 file , deleted original , when I went to turn on nfl2k1 it doesn't load that compressed one , thankfully i kept the original stashed on my other card.

Lost my NHL 2K ROSTER because of this those lol

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:43 pm

AH I see , I can Decompress , oh this is cool now.

That BH2 still freezes and locks up at the same place that the RDC/DCRES American did.

The only thing I think is this ,

I got the SEGA SPORTS Black Console , maybe that was never used to do a full test with ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Haha yeh compressed not going to be readable just a means to stash elsewhere costing minimal precious blocks

ooo yeh, the Dream Explorer AKA VMU Tool allows you to open up an additional hrm 41 er 44 blocks on the VMUs? I forget that

RE2 burns really freezing right-o-way? Odd, as for creating your own burnable CDI it's a lot of work actually I just know with the highly-priced broadband adapter you could transfer GDI via the ethernet to yo rig.

Jus like, read ReviveDC's NFO because it's a lot of talent downsampling considerations the codecs the tools to crunch GDI into a CDI that it'll fat on the average blank CD-R

EDIT: Just the self-boot script I could not wrap my head around >.< I assume legacy XP OS required too er emulate it what-have-ye

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#8 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Yeah I guess it's not mean't to be with this whole RE2/BH2 ,

The Japan Verison I got was super mint and it was only $20.

Looks both JAPAN USA Verison has now jumped in price.

Was wanting to keep it mint as possible.

Well I got 1 disc left , Perhaps save it for Bio Flasher or Just get the VMU Tool. Is their some type of BIOS Flasher that can be burned to CDR ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 pm

I highly doubt the optical disc drive can flash the BIOS

I know DC-Live's pcwzrd offers changing out the BIOS chip I think is the procedure er part of it? But I would hold off until japanese-cake drops his next version of the BIOS so that everything homebrew boots

Yeh sweet deal dog especially how everything is open from the get-go without the need to eat up VMU blocks!!

Go for it pretty handy especially for backing up those durn copy-protected saves like PSOv2's for example! That jc's BIOS eliminates

Also lets you get the cool "3D BIOS" I think was DLC from some blah title? @ the cost of two blocks from whatever port/controller/slot toggle that with Start button

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/ hit Dream Explorer>Downloads then Disc Juggler 3.50.830 image

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#10 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am

Almost all bootlegs are region free