Dreamshell issues?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Retroboy
noob

Dreamshell issues?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 am

Hi,

I purchased an SD adaptor off ebay the other day and ive spend the last two days trying to get it to work.

I have an 2GB SD card formatted as FAT32 and downloaded the r04 files off DreamShells website and when I use the bootdisc that was sent with the serial adaptor I get full screen, but then when I select Dreamshell or SDLoader the screen isnt full and has the bottom half cut off.

I have checked my TV settings and even if I set it to display at original screen size, the bottom of the screen is still cropped, if i alter screen settings in DreamShell settings, nothing changes and even if I hit save nothing changes.

Im finding it hard to also boot any games from the SD card, I have CDI format which leads to a black screen, I have tried ISO format that then shows a screen with what looks like code then restarts the console.

I have tried to rip my own games using the GD Ripper that came with the Dreamshell download and it always errors or if it does dump, im unable to boot the game, just black screen.

Is it normal for the Serial USB Adaptor to have one of its pins with no wire soldered to it (all the rest have wires soldered)

GrandeHugh
noob

Re: Dreamshell issues?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:42 pm

I have had the same issue , however I now know that one version of dreamshell from DCSWAT tells you to press Y (as it loads dreamshell) to enter 60hz mode which solves the cropped screen issue immediately, however on my dreamshell I cannot get any games to load due to some “extensions detected” message which annoys me but other than that, I think it’s dreamshell v3 that I have and it doesn’t crop the screen.

Pravnuk
shadow

Re: Dreamshell issues?

Post#3 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 am

As I understand it, ISO:s for the ISOloader need to be prepared before they are bootable from the SD-card. For example, I use SDISO Multi-Maker to create ISOs of homebrew software.