The rebuild is underway

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
VS2 Junkie
rebel

The rebuild is underway

Post#1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Following on from my introduction about getting back into the DC scene the first items have arrived today

3x vmu units(boxed)
1x brand new controller(boxed)
Incoming game(mint)

More still on the way including the console itself :D

Just ordered today

18 wheeler
Sega rally

Both mint. 8-)

I'm not going to get one of those GD rom emulator boards as I'm a bit of a traditionalist but would like to know what fellow owners think about them

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: The rebuild is underway

Post#2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Sounds the begining of a nice little collection. what are your plans for video output?

i have a gdemu clone purely because i wanna play the games, and have zero interest in collecting the discs or paying for them.

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Post#3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:36 pm

It's going to connect to a 4K lg tv using an hyperkin connector

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#4 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:44 pm

I have a Gdemu and it's my primary playing Dreamcast. The Gdemu is great for in game loading and since there is no Lazer moving the thing runs very quite. My living room has my original Dreamcast and that's where my physical games are at. That's more for friends that come over and want to play, but is also if I want to play on the bigger screen.

Also, as a side note you should check out the Dreamconn remotes if you want a wireless solution. They are on the higher price of things but are the real deal for a wireless remote. www.dreammods.net

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Post#5 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:43 pm

The console itself has arrived and it's mint plus fully boxed 8-) it even has the original white packaging bag that the console is wrapped in as does the controller(even the controller plug)
I have been told I have to save it for Christmas as its a present from the wife(but good things are worth waiting a couple of weeks for) :D
Before it was put under the tree(so to speak)I replaced the clock battery and gave a quick 5 minuite test with the HDMI to dreamcast cable connected to LG 4K 43 inch tv and the picture was spot on. The game under test was 18 wheeler.

Also arrived.

Dreamcast to hdmi cable
Crazy Taxi
Soul calibur
18 wheeler
Sega rally

The kids are buying me virtua striker 2 and Ready 2 Rumble for Christmas.

Can't wait for the big day this year as its usually socks and aftershave :D

On a side note my eldest 2(both not long fled the nest)remember ready 2 rumble and crazy taxi very well and we are planning a dreamcast and beer Boxing Day night.

I will post some pics in the collection section a a few weeks.

Happy days

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#6 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 pm

when are you getting a DreamPi to play online?

;)

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Post#7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 am

HuntrRose wrote:when are you getting a DreamPi to play online?

;)

I will get setup and settled for a few weeks then i will look at the online stuff sometime in January next year.

I was thinking about getting the original Lan unit to replace the modem.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#8 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 am

The broadband adapter doesnt support all the games though. The dreampi works with all of them.

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Post#9 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:04 am

thanks for that

the dreampi it will be then

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#10 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am

Extremely important question: What color are the VMUs?