The rebuild is underway

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
VS2 Junkie
rebel

Re: The rebuild is underway

Post#11 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am

ReaderRagfish wrote:Extremely important question: What color are the VMUs?

They are the origional grey ones(the same as I got back in 1999)

I got 3 off eBay and there was one in the controller that came with the console.

Forgot to add

The 2 rumble packs I ordered have now arrived.

I am now ready 2 rumble on the 25th December :lol:

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#12 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm

VS2 Junkie wrote:The 2 rumble packs I ordered have now arrived.

I am now ready 2 rumble on the 25th December :lol:

I see what ya did there.

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Post#13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:26 am

My collection is now at a nice stage as i have re acquired all my old classics(i will upload some pics soon).

On a side note i have just purchased one game i never had in my original collection which is a game called Coaster Works.What a fantastic game(for me anyway)
All i will say is "how did i miss that game the last time round"

Ive also managed to bag a fully working and in top condition 28 inch Phillips 4:3 CRT TV off Ebay for just £1(but i had to drive to east London to pick it up(480 mile round trip).
So once the CRT tv was added it was time to get HOTD2 and Confidential Mission along with 2 guns and 3 more VMUs.

My GDrom was having trouble reading the odd game now and again so i picked up a fully working on off Ebay for £20 and i will adjust the laser on my old one in due course.

I still use the DC on my HDTV with the VGA-HDMI 99% of the time for the none gun games.

:lol: Happy days

Sega RPG

Post#14 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 am

coaster works is to me one of the funniest game ever, ok it's not theme park but it's awesome and real fun. Shame is not vga compatible, not even with the trick...

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#15 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Ah man, Coaster Works. I did an entire video (while drunk) moaning about the game on a first ever play through. XD It's actually not that bad a game, I did exaggerate for comic effect, but in my video you can see the terrible lack of physics - the rollercoaster ran out of momentum so it went backwards UP a drop to return me to the start position. It was kinda hilarious - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGVN2c4OUlE

Interestingly, Coaster Works had a Japan only sequel (Jet Coaster Dream 2) that included increased theme park development ala Rollercoaster Tycoon. I don't own it, but it's on my must-buy list. AND it includes online features (so does the first title in Japan - Jet Coaster Dream) which include at least a website link but I think the second one also had DLC. We won't know too much about that until the site's are revived though.

Sega RPG

Post#16 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 pm

i've just discovered that ps2 had jet coaster dream 3, even if seems equal to jet coast er 2 apart from being a little more fluid...

Chito1004
noob

Post#17 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:38 pm

I'm currently in the same boat! I've been buying lots mainly for the games and currently have 3 consoles including one boxed! I want to play online BAD I just need to build a dreampi set-up. I'll probably suck but I love online gaming for current gen consoles (xbox one) but the nostalgia of the dreamcast combined with online gaming will top all haha.