CD-RW to VMU ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

CD-RW to VMU ?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:26 pm

I read this from somewhere and From my understanding ,

I can save and burn VMU Save Downloads from the net on a CD-RW and then Dreamcast Console is smart enough to grab it from the disc and save on my VMU ?

True or False ?

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: CD-RW to VMU ?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:43 pm

I didn't think dreamcast could read cd-rw. Just cd-r.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:49 pm

ah ok so perhaps its cd-r i read , lol so true with that?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Funny how you put it

Go with VMU CD Dream On and/or Dream Explorer AKA VMU Tool (Disc Juggler 3.50.830 image) (Dream_Explorer_085_by_Speud_DJ.rar)

Tons and tons

and tons of saves

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Oh wow I like the idea of that Shrink and Compress the SAVE FILE Size. I hate how sport games take up entire VMU. Thanks

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 pm

ygot it

louis012345678
Doom

Post#7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Yeah the VMU Tool is really useful, not just for saves but extra VMU icons and loads of minigames. There is even a 'VMU Emulator' which lets you play VMU games on your TV! It's a good job really because the VMU eats batteries quicker than a SEGA Game Gear :-P

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Also, I have done this before, but you can have VMU Tool loaded up, and take a burnt disc with just the plain VMU data files on them, and insert it into the Dreamcast, and then browse the contents of that CD and you can install files that was as well. It works great! I did that to install and play VMU games!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:10 am

AgentMomo wrote:Oh wow I like the idea of that Shrink and Compress the SAVE FILE Size. I hate how sport games take up entire VMU. Thanks

You can also use that VMU tool to unlock an extra 22 blocks on your memory card. It's quite useful and I think there is only 1 or 2 games that can't see the extra blocks.

Return to “Lounge”