VMU Manager Dreamshell

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ant2no78
rebel

VMU Manager Dreamshell

Post#1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi all,

Great website by the way. I just wanted to find out if you guys use VMU manager on Dreamshell.

I have been able to transfer saves from VMU to HDD but i have not be able to use them in game. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Anthony

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: VMU Manager Dreamshell

Post#2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't think it'll ever read saved from the hdd. Just allow you to store saves on there and transfer back and forth.

Ant2no78
rebel

Post#3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Ah ok. Cheers for the info.

Zer0
shadow

Post#4 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:23 am

Hi, I had some save data from a bunch of games and when I'm done with them I put them to my SD card via dreamshell.

I just got my new retro Fighters controller and was going to try it out on headhunter, it's 24 blocks. I have turned off the console turned it back on loaded dreamshell and tried to transfer the data from SD card to vmu about a dozen times and it completely freezes the entire console every single time. I've even left it alone for over 30 minutes and it still didn't do anything.

I was able to get my shenmue 2 data which is 18 blocks among a whole bunch of other games but it seems like this 24 blocks of Headhunter data which I really want to play LOL just seems to not be working.

Anybody else have any issues like this? If so is there any common fixes anyting remotely resembling help would be greatly appreciated.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:17 am

I never have any issue with VMU manager...
Maybe the format, I really don't know.

If you are sure of you try to copy your save via file manager.