No (DC) ISOZONE, what are we going to do?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Anonymouse
Outtrigger

No (DC) ISOZONE, what are we going to do?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 am

Now that ISOZONE is down, where are we going to get our DC ISOs? And most importantly, Hacks,Homebrew,EMU for DC?

Does anyone know if ISOZONE made a backup before going offline?

Is seems like it was Nintendo that closed most of the ROM sites, so hopefully this wont effect us much if we get something back up and running. Maybe a select user could have a 'Master' Hard drive with all the DC ISOs,hacks.... so when something new comes out, he will add it to the master hard drive first.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Anonymouse on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: No (DC) ISOZONE, what are we going to do?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:33 am

they are out there..

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I am working on getting the homebrew and apps available again. Just read that Halo Revamped thread last 2 pages.

Kobra Kai
lithium

Post#4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Nintendos fault

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:24 pm

No it wasn't. The staff had a falling out with the site creator, and he nuked the site and files. Pretty unfortunate he would do that. Read more about it here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roms/comments/ ... retrozone/

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm

You could try buying your games.

The horror! :roll:
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:09 pm

People don't buy homebrew though. Indies yes, but good old fashioned homebrew is why I went there. The complete homebrew section was used by many people even those that don't pirate. It was a valuable resource for getting lots of hard to find homebrew games. People fail to realize that there was more to TIZ than just downloading retail games.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#8 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:13 pm

There's always a way MUAHAHHAHA..!!!
MUAHAHA
MUAHA
MUA
MU
A
Italian Stallion

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Anthony817 wrote:People don't buy homebrew though. Indies yes, but good old fashioned homebrew is why I went there. The complete homebrew section was used by many people even those that don't pirate. It was a valuable resource for getting lots of hard to find homebrew games. People fail to realize that there was more to TIZ than just downloading retail games.
Sure, there was more there than just warez, but be honest, how many people do you think went there only as a one-stop homebrew resource? I'd say that number was pretty dern close to 0.

For people looking for homebrew stuff, dcemulation.org probably has the best library of homebrew software on their wiki (and/or on their forums).

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:32 pm

Yeah, but there was stuff on TIZ simply not on dcemulation and not found on other sites. I know quite a few people in the DC community who only play legit copies of games they own, but also were really big into homebrew as well. The point I was making is that they had the largest selection of homebrew hands down. I remember there was over like 560 files in the homebrew games section alone. Over 10 years of uploads were compiled there. That is way more than dcemulation has. Plus the BOR compilations I am pretty sure are harder to find now as well.

Also, not trying to kid myself saying that most people didn't go there for retail games, but the homebrew sections are really what made me sick at my stomach to loose.

Return to “Lounge”