No (DC) ISOZONE, what are we going to do?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: No (DC) ISOZONE, what are we going to do?

Post#11 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:59 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:You could try buying your games.

The horror! :roll:

Says the man hosting/seeding torrents of PSO on his own website :mrgreen:

Xiden
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:27 am

Nico0020 wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:You could try buying your games.

The horror! :roll:

Says the man hosting/seeding torrents of PSO on his own website :mrgreen:

To be fair though Ives has a custom PSO version that you pretty much need to play the game anyways :)

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#13 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 am

You still have to buy retail PSO for the serials, so you should have a physical copy. ;)

The only reason I endorse using a PSO CDI is the retail disc destroys your Dreamcast, and there's no way to fix it without a replacement disc. There's no way to do the EP on a GD-ROM, either, but mods are a different category from trying to get the base game for free in the first place.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:48 am

Please brother DL Ives' PSO and your Dreamcast shall see the light then! Joy not death

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#15 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:55 am

oh i'm just busting his chops. Of course I use Ive's CDI too.

Glad to see there is some recovery efforts going on for all that was at the Iso zone. Those game dumps can be recovered, but a lot of Dreamcast homebrew has been lost over the years. For example, I think I remember trying to find stuff involving "Dreaminducer" awhile back, but a lot of the resources and old .SBI files were gone.

Have we found a new place to start uploading this stuff yet?

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:33 pm

I stared a thread awhile back that has a glorious collection of nearly all dreamcast gdi files. Also an archive of cdis like revivedc, no-bs, dccm, etc

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10412

KostasGangstar
shadow

Post#17 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Never cared much about homebrew stuff so I don't know where to find them if I ever change my mind but official games are easy to find, specially dumps from redump.org which seem to be the top dumps you can find for DC games...

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 pm

KostasGangstar wrote:Never cared much about homebrew stuff so I don't know where to find them if I ever change my mind but official games are easy to find, specially dumps from redump.org which seem to be the top dumps you can find for DC games...

Hence why I am freaking the hell out about loosing the homebrew games and apps. You can find CDI and GDI rips all day long. Homebrew was like the soul of the community over the years. It has carried the console right into the later decades keeping it relevant. It is what the community made to keep the system alive and getting new content. All the retail stuff is frozen in time like a time capsule of the late 90's and early naughts. Homebrew is what is super relevant to me and many others as we will always have our favorite retail games, but Homebrew is seriously hard to find due to the obscure nature of it, and also less popularity. So I feel it is my duty as a community member to archive that stuff and get it back out there for people to download.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#19 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:35 pm

they arent lost..

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:52 pm

I know, I have a guy torrentting the files to me now. I am saying before we knew he backed it up we looked to be loosing over 90tb of apps and homebrew from that place.

Return to “Lounge”