Dreamcast compared to its relatives?(pics)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Dreamcast compared to its relatives?(pics)

Post#11 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:31 am

Now for some naomi 2 to ps2 ports. These two were ported by tose to the ps2 with surprising results. They resemble somewhat cutdown versions of the naomi2 games but close enough. They are actually much lower than that and I wouldnt be surprised if they could have ported to the dreamcast, ran them at 30 fps easily or 60 fps optimized .

Initial D
at 35,000 triangles , this was actually as high as i could get. Most of the time it ran about 26,000 trs a frame:

King of route 66
at 26,000 triangles can go higher similar to initial d but other wise hovers below 30,000 polygons a frame.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Dreamcast compared to its relatives?(pics)

Post#12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:55 pm

This is a quick one. F355 Dc vs ps2. Interesting results.Both same track at starting line.

F355 DC + third person hack + widescreen:
27,000 triangles not bad but lets see the ps2.The players car is always more detailed by the looks of it.

F355 PS2:
The ps2 version pushes significantly more tris @ 45,000 in the frame. I suspect this is because the enemy cars have better lod models compared to the dreamcast one. At the highest its identical to the player car which is never the case on the dreamcast.