Dreamkey - Once per console?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SparxsteR
undertow

Dreamkey - Once per console?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Have anyone else wondering how it looks to surf the web with anything else then Dreakey 3.0? :roll:

I have all versions of Dreamkey, 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 and 3.0
The problem is that only the DK 3.0 is able to change the ISP settings, and whenever i load the other versions there is no settings.

Is the old versions only able to add ISP settings once? im thinking... if i move then? then its game over?
i've read somewhere that you can press X + B on start up with the Planet Web browser to reset the Internet setting.
But wouldent that remove the PSO serial numbers allso?

Anyone? :)
Attachments
0DK1.jpg
0DK11.jpg
DK1.5.jpg
DK1.55.jpg
DK2.00.jpg
DK2.0.jpg
DK3.0.jpg
DK3.11.jpg
Have you guys seen the Dreamcast 2?

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Dreamkey - Once per console?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Only versions 3.0 and later of DreamKey allowed you to set your ISP settings. Earlier versions only connected to Sega's officially sanctioned "DreamArena" ISPs.

SparxsteR
undertow

Post#3 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:34 pm

ohhh! i dident know that.
It's so confusing. :shock:

The 1.0 tells me that i have not set any username ID, but when i put in a name (username ID) on the 3.0 and then go back to 1.0 it tries to connect. Somewhere on the older disc's there must be something to configure. If i press L or R there is options to set Modem settings, but no username ID or anything.

i want to see the first boot up configure (Setup) thing for the older versions, but i guess it's not possible.
Have you guys seen the Dreamcast 2?

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:41 pm

Unless someone redirects it, they cant be used. I bet someday down the road someone will redirect it to Dreampipe