Hello everyone! Back again...

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Hello everyone! Back again...

Post#1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Hope everyone on here is doing well, both new heads and old. I know its been a while, but make no mistake, i'm still on the Dreamcast grind like I always have and hopefully it stays that way.

So within the past year i aquired a few additonal items to my Dreamcast collection, one of which leads me to ask a question...

Did SEGA of Japan ever ship JPN DC's with US bios back in 98-99 for press on internal purposes here in the US before the North American launch?
Reason i ask is I recently purchased a Japanese system (or at least most of it is anyway), but it can ONLY run US GD-rom games. Even more strange is that the unit lacks the serial barcode as well the manufacture label located at the bottom of the unit. The casing is JPN, as well as the modem and the PSU, but it only reads US software. I opened it to see if perhaps someone had simply done a case swap, but i see no signs of any worn screws or anything tampered with. It's an early Rev 0 model so its got the metal fan and cooling pipes.

i appreciate the help.
Attachments
553650850 2.jpg
20180720_003654 1.jpg
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news