Strange Dreamcast Box?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
U2FlyXC
noob

Strange Dreamcast Box?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello,

My old dreamcast broke awhile back and I've been wanting to get a new one for a while as I still have all my old games, controllers, memory cards etc. Suffice to say, I found a deal for $50 That comes with the system, cords, 2 controllers, 2 memory cards and a copy of Sonic Shuffle and Sonic Adventure 2. Great deal, but, upon looking at the image included with the listing, I noticed the Sonic Adventure 2 box looked a bit odd. Is this case normal or is it a bootleg of some sorts? Seller says it's original but I've never seen a dreamcast case like that. I apologize if the answer is obvious, it's been awhile since I studied dreamcast facts haha

Thanks guys!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180627-125435.png

colgate
Doom

Re: Strange Dreamcast Box?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:01 am

It’s just a dvd case. Game might be original but the case is not.

U2FlyXC
noob

Post#3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 am

colgate wrote:It’s just a dvd case. Game might be original but the case is not.

That's what I was thinking at first but what threw my off was that the actual cover looked really well done. it looked like nothing had been stretched out by hand but perhaps who ever made it was just really good at Photoshop.

Regardless, a copy of the game in a nice looking case is all I need!

Does everyone agree it's just a custom made dvd case?

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:43 am

U2FlyXC wrote:Does everyone agree it's just a custom made dvd case?

yes

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#5 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 am

krssn wrote:
U2FlyXC wrote:Does everyone agree it's just a custom made dvd case?

yes

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Of course, the fact that it's a custom case doesn't mean that it isn't a pirated copy of the game in the case.

Papa_Wisdom
rebel

Post#7 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 pm

If you search eBay you can find these reproduction covers for sale!

U2FlyXC
noob

Post#8 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 pm

BlueCrab wrote:Of course, the fact that it's a custom case doesn't mean that it isn't a pirated copy of the game in the case.

Of course, I didn't meant to imply that haha. Again, I was just surprised that it looked so good for a customer case so I wanted to make sure it wasn't some special edition or alternate release.

Thanks everyone!