DREAMCAST FLEA MARKET ADVENTURE

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

DREAMCAST FLEA MARKET ADVENTURE

Post#1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Well guys I am hitting up my Flea Market for Dreamcast Stuff this weekend.

I been convinced that ebay seller are just taking advantage of
people who are too lazy to leave their house or don't have a flea market place.

This place does an awesome thing of 2 for 1 and that can be anything game related.

So yeah my picks could be VMU , GAME , AND Controller. One of those's being free :mrgreen:

lerabot
blackout!

Re: DREAMCAST FLEA MARKET ADVENTURE

Post#2 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:12 am

Keep us updated ;)
Indie Game Studio

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:47 am

Nice! I love flea market stories. I grew up in the Dallas area in the states and Flea markets were always quite meh for gaming. I didn't start going to them until the mid 2000s and by then people had already started ebay pricing. Although garage sales were worked out quite well for me back then. I remember when my neighbor had a garage sale when their kids went off to colleg. Elementary school me got a box of Genesis games for $15 cause the parents didn't know anything about games, and this was when the genesis was still kinda relevant.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:15 am

good luck!!

I have never seen Dreamcast stuff anywhere other than a retro shop.. conventions or online..

Hopefully your flea markets are better than the ones around here

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

the closest flea market to me is an hour away so yea i dont go...but i do hit up the 3 local pawn shops in my town frequently...unfortunately very rarely see any DC stuff....picked up quite a few ps2, xbox, and gamecube among others...even some gamegear stuff...maybe a total of 15 or so snes and genesis carts...nothing to get too excited over.....

back about 10 years ago i was able to get a complete Snatcher for Sega CD for $5 at the pawn shop but i sold it way back for real cheap...regret it

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#6 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:27 am

I get a lot of PS2 & 3 games from goodwill.. sometimes a Wii game or 2

place is loaded with those.. and xbox stuff

dont really ever see much older than PS2.. saw wheel of fortune for NES once and bought it just because I couldnt believe they had an NES game.. lol

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#7 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Cool see because

I looked up stuff at GAMESTOP ,

they want $10 for some of the stuff I want and EBAY people are asking like $20 to $50 for that samething.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#8 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:36 pm

i wouldnt buy retro stuff from gamestop

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 am

HuntrRose wrote:i wouldnt buy retro stuff from gamestop

Yeah especially online , they might show a complete item but you'll get just discs :mrgreen:

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm back and FAIL.

They had 2 Copies Of SONIC ADVENTURE 1 ,They wanted like $16 and both looked like they were in the SUN for too long.