Quest Drop Rates on EP (PSO)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
natural585
rebel

Quest Drop Rates on EP (PSO)

Post#1 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:01 pm

On the PSO EP disk is it true that rare items don't drop in quests? I heard a rumor that they don't.

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Quest Drop Rates on EP (PSO)

Post#2 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Rare items don't drop in quests, period -- regardless of what disc you're using to play.

natural585
rebel

Post#3 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:19 pm

But, why though? Has it always been like that on DC? I never had that issue on PSOBB, GC, or Xbox. I played offline on DC originally. I also noticed my synchro on my mag lowers by 5% every time I go to the lobby. So there's no point in feeding mags for synchro.

natural585
rebel

Post#4 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Not complaining just some observations.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#5 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:58 pm

natural585 wrote:But, why though? Has it always been like that on DC? I never had that issue on PSOBB, GC, or Xbox. I played offline on DC originally. I also noticed my synchro on my mag lowers by 5% every time I go to the lobby. So there's no point in feeding mags for synchro.

Avoid the synchro drop by putting the mag in the bank
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

natural585
rebel

Post#6 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Good looks on that.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#7 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:04 pm

natural585 wrote:But, why though? Has it always been like that on DC? I never had that issue on PSOBB, GC, or Xbox. I played offline on DC originally.
It has always been that way on DC. As for why, you'd have to ask Sega/Sonic Team that question.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#8 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:31 am

I always figured the reason they did it, besides just not thinking, was a few factors.
1. Quests lock parties down. They wanted to make sure everyone wasn't playing in locked rooms all the time and everyone could join open games easily.
2. Quests deciding to push certain enemy spawns, allowing you to farm for weapons. They didn't want it to end up in a PSU like situation, where everyone just runs White beats over and over again. Also GC/xbox PSO, everyone playing TTF only.
3. Or just a stupid accident.

natural585
rebel

Post#9 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 am

Does this also affect offline story quests?

natural585
rebel

Post#10 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:17 am

The problem with what they did is it doesn't give people the incentive to run quests unless they win prizes. Some quests offer nothing. And then once you get that prize you won't have to do it again assuming you only have one character.