Playing as a FOmar in PSO v2 on Dreamcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Roareye
Rank 9

Playing as a FOmar in PSO v2 on Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:15 pm

PSO on the Dreamcast gives you 3 character classes, with 3 variants of each class.
The GC/Xbox upgrades added a variant to each class, and one of these was the FOmar (Male Human Force).

However according to Unseen64, FOmar can be unlocked with a GameShark code for use in PSO v2. They don't state the code, nor link to a place that does, but they do provide an image of the DC v2 character builder with a FOmar being customised.
fomarvr2.jpg
fomarvr2.jpg (6.04 KiB) Viewed 8413 times

I tried a search online but couldn't find anything. Anybody aware of this code? I'd love to be able to try it out, if they're being accurate.

Lots of BETA stuff here, be interesting to see if any of it is locked away still in the retail release - especially the larger Pioneer 2 lobby.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: Playing as a FOmar in PSO v2 on Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:06 pm

I don't think you can actually play as a FoMar. That is just an unused npc skin applied to a character. It doesn't actually change the character's class.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Ah. Still, it'd be handy to have the mentioned code lol

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#4 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:11 pm

if it is indeed present in the game code and accessible with the mentioned GS code, it could be enabled with a new version of the PSO patcher. AFAIK the pso patcher is just automated patching GS codes, the code to connect to sylverant is LONG if you used GS
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#5 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 pm

PSOv2 has 5 skins: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Rico, and Ninja. The Ninja skin was supposedly intended to identify GMs, but Sega never used it. The server can skin your character, but Sylverant doesn't implement this, because a) it's annoying seeing everybody use the same skins, and b) it makes legit players nervous when they see people walking around who are obviously cheating, which in turn reduces the server's reputation by making people afraid to play there, lest they get attacked in the ways that were so common back on the official server.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm guessing FOmar was the ninja skin. I haven't seen the other 4 either tho. Interesting.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#7 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 am

Play "The Tinkerbell's Dog 2" to see the Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles skins in action. You have to solo it, but there are no monsters, so don't worry. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:01 pm

I went in offline I went in download quest before ship select but I can't find that quest?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#9 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm

I think he meant you have to play online, but it's a single-player quest.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Ah it's an Altimira Event quest! L0L solo quest threw me off it's still in live play