Help with the Less Known Rare Games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
LowRes
noob

Help with the Less Known Rare Games

Post#1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi guys,

New to the forum and I need a little help to complete the US released Dreamcast set. Basically I want to know which games are harder to find. I know about the obvious rare games like:
Sonic Adventure Limited Edition
Cannon Spike
Project Justice
Bangai-O
GigaWing 1 & 2
Mars Matrix
Tech Romancer
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Marvel vs Capcom 2

What other games are rare that I should be looking out for? for example I picked up Urban Chaos recently and I've never really seen that game anywhere else. Looked on ebay and only saw 1 north american copy on ebay at the time. I've heard a few people had some trouble finding that one. It's games like that I want to work on while they're still not very expensive. The expensive games are already expensive so I've just been picking away at those every once in a while I buy one if it's a good deal.

I only have 35 titles so far, but those are all good games and most of the expensive ones. I also fortunately got Sonic Adventure Limited out of the way. Found that in a pawn shop complete for cheap so I think the rest of the games should be pretty obtainable.

any opinions and help greatly appreciated.

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Help with the Less Known Rare Games

Post#2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:14 pm

LowRes wrote:Hi guys,

New to the forum and I need a little help to complete the US released Dreamcast set. Basically I want to know which games are harder to find. I know about the obvious rare games like:
Sonic Adventure Limited Edition
Cannon Spike
Project Justice
Bangai-O
GigaWing 1 & 2
Mars Matrix
Tech Romancer
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Marvel vs Capcom 2

What other games are rare that I should be looking out for? for example I picked up Urban Chaos recently and I've never really seen that game anywhere else. Looked on ebay and only saw 1 north american copy on ebay at the time. I've heard a few people had some trouble finding that one. It's games like that I want to work on while they're still not very expensive. The expensive games are already expensive so I've just been picking away at those every once in a while I buy one if it's a good deal.

I only have 35 titles so far, but those are all good games and most of the expensive ones. I also fortunately got Sonic Adventure Limited out of the way. Found that in a pawn shop complete for cheap so I think the rest of the games should be pretty obtainable.

any opinions and help greatly appreciated.

Aqua GT (PAL)

Draconus Cult of the Wyrm

Monaco Grand Prix 2 Online (Ubi Soft) aka. Racing Simulation 2 Online monaco grand prix

Vampire Chronicle for Matchmaking Service (aka Vampire Saviour/DarkStalkers)
This game is really super kinda hard to find.

Border Down ( A rare side scrolling, space plane shooter game.)

F1 World Grand Prix II (Made by Video System and Paradigm Entertainment)

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo aka. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X (Japan.)

Puyo Puyo Fever

I'll update this list, as soon as I remember any more.