How import friendly is Rez?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pastelshoal
rebel

How import friendly is Rez?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 pm

I'll keep this as short as possible, how import friendly is Rez? A lot of the time, I see people call games that have a story "but are still easily playable" import friendly. I get that if you're just there for the game, but that detracts from the experience for me. I want to understand the context while playing. In any case, it seems to me that Rez tells its story with no words at all. Can anyone confirm this?

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: How import friendly is Rez?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:00 am

I own JP DC Rez. It is very playable, both in that the menus are easy to understand, as well as the story being understandable. I can't remember the details as it has been years since I played it, but I believe there was some English in the game too.

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:51 am

Rez also came out in Europe as well which I would assume is fully translated. Most european games work on a US Dreamcast. Could always download an ISO of the Euro version n test it out first and if it works import the Euro version if you want a legit copy of it

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#4 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am

I have the PAL version of REZ, and my DC has a region free BIOS installed, but it's a crap-shoot on getting the game to boot. It's not the disc (or the DC since all my other PAL and JAP games worked flawlessly), and sometimes the sideways/45 degree DC trick works, but I have it more for collection purposes now especially after getting the 4K compatible PS4 version. The PAL version is getting quite pricey too. I always advocate for the DC version of any game, but if you have a PS4 or even an Xbox 360, I'm more inclined to suggest either of those versions.

krssn
Metallic

Post#5 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 pm

The game is as import friendly as it gets as it's completely in English.

Same with Crazy Taxi, Cosmic Smash and a few others.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#6 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:21 am

have the JP version and it doesn't have one kanji in it, it is completely in english. As far as the story goes it is not explained ingame. You can find it on the super obscure japanese homepage of the game :P

seganut22
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:57 pm

I have the Japanese version. It is import friendly.