Prototype HDMI board from 2015

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
citrus3000psi
shadow

Re: Prototype HDMI board from 2015

Post#11 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Well it will need a revision, but it will work.

Need to try and panalize it and see how many I get to bring the cost down.

The cable will work on VA1 and VA0. VA1.2 you are out of the luch.

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Congratulations, it looks awesome :)
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#13 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Very nice!
Do you have an estimated best case to worst case scenario price range?
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

citrus3000psi
shadow

Post#14 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Just for the cable or for the whole thing? This is honestly going to be an expensive device all around. Since the FGPA by itself is 25-30 bucks.

I can get the flex cables down to around 6 bucks at my cost. That doesn't include the resistor array parts that are installed onto the cable.

My goal would be to sell kits around the 150 and under range. As going above that price point puts a really bad taste in my mouth. But don't quote me on that. As I haven't even done a cost breakdown with the BOM or anything.

The project will also be open source so anybody can build there own as well. But I will sell flex cables to avoid people have to fork up a bunch of money to get a flex cable when they only need one.

lerabot
blackout!

Post#15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm

I could be interested, even at that price point.
Indie Game Studio

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#16 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Hope you can get sufficient interest and orders so you can bring that production cost down. The ASSEMBLER forums are a way better showcase to gain interest in these projects.

BloodBrother
core

Post#17 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:44 am

I am watering at the mouth at the idea of this, Citrus. VGA is awesome, but the need to have a separate stereo for the audio to work is a drag, as that means you cant bring the DC with you to friend's houses unless you want it to look like shit with rca.... This board is something ive waited for eagerly ever since i discovered your thread on shmups forums couple years ago, and would support any price you deem good. Having it open source is rad also, i would do both; buy a kit for one of my DC and then creat one myself for the other. KUDOS!!!
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

citrus3000psi
shadow

Post#18 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 am

Raen wrote:Hope you can get sufficient interest and orders so you can bring that production cost down. The ASSEMBLER forums are a way better showcase to gain interest in these projects.

We will see how things lay out. I'm sorta done with adding content on the assembler forums. Them having donations and then going for for like 3-4 months really didn't sit well with me. And now the way Kevin treats his mods is uncalled for.

citrus3000psi
shadow

Post#19 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am

Had a successful test run last night.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#20 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Really awsome ! Keep us updated please. Im sure many are interested in this :D