[How to] Installed PS4 Analog stick in DC controller

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: [How to] Installed PS4 Analog stick in DC controller

Post#11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm

It's definitely a mod that makes the controller much better to use, but sadly it's not perfect.
20180228_222321.jpg

That's how mine looks after a few years of use.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#12 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Roel wrote:Had a quick look at the video. Nice work. But are you sure using vaseline / petroleum jelly is a good idea? Many sources state it can degrade plastics over time.

Ive used it on plastics for years and never had an issue.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#13 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Tarnish wrote:It's definitely a mod that makes the controller much better to use, but sadly it's not perfect.20180228_222321.jpg

Wow thats impressive. You must use your Dreamcast a lot!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#14 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Tarnish wrote:It's definitely a mod that makes the controller much better to use, but sadly it's not perfect.20180228_222321.jpg

Looks like all my ps3 controllers. Lol
Attachments
20180228_174834.jpg

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#15 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:22 am

Anonymouse wrote:Wow thats impressive. You must use your Dreamcast a lot!

Well like I said that's the result of at least 3 years of use. But Jet Set Radio and Propeller Arena (or any other games that requires a lot of full or half circle movements of the stick) are sure to make quick work of these PS4 sticks. XD