ProJared Is Wrong About Sonic Adventure 2

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Iron Dreamcast
rebel

ProJared Is Wrong About Sonic Adventure 2

Post#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 pm

About a week ago somebody made this video regarding ProJared's Sonic Adventure 2 Review and I agree with pretty much everything that Ruby said in the video and figured I'd share it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrN4ABIJKQ

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: ProJared Is Wrong About Sonic Adventure 2

Post#2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:54 pm

I think I've seen one ProJared video in my life, but he just seems like a person that would be wrong in most cases about most things. I think it's his face.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Only watched a few minutes of it, but yeah, it's one of those videos that makes you doubt everything the maker of the video (in this case ProJared) says in the future.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 pm

DCGX wrote:I think I've seen one ProJared video in my life, but he just seems like a person that would be wrong in most cases about most things. I think it's his face.

You nailed it. Lol
Attachments
Your+face+from+step+brothers_eec992_4371590.jpg

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Well put all.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 am

To be fair he had some valid points: invisible walls and objects outside of the playfield, a camera that doesn't allow you to see incoming obstacles are weird and annoying, but they are hardly game ruining issues.

But then he talks about Sonic killing the helicopter crew (I recall him not having issues when Mario kills hundreds of living creatures like Goombas) and being frustrated that HE deliberately made Sonic fall down an obvious bottomless pit by not only making him fly above it, but then letting go of the pole at the wrong time, so it wasn't even 1 mistake but 2...He's annoyed the camera is locked onto the boss, but I'm sure if the camera was free roaming, he would state THAT as a design flaw...

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

I feel the invisible walls keep the viewing field more open for camera veiws and if there wasn't any objects outside that area it would make the game look cheap and unfinished. I feel these "objects" add a nice level of detail to the game.

For me it was mostly his demeanour.

I understand his frustrations with the game as I am not good at it myself but I still feel it is a well done game. To add a rotating camera may be nice but I would request there be a second analog stick if it was to happen.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#8 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:To add a rotating camera may be nice but I would request there be a second analog stick if it was to happen.

Note he was playing the Gamecube version, so another analogy stick was available to him just underused.

People like ProJared just seem to take everything out of its time and context. The Mario game that followed these, Mario Sunshine, also suffered from a very early 2000s camera.

He's not very charismatic either, I've always been confused as to his popularity. With videos like these he's not popular due to content.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Question:
Who knighted him "Pro"?
lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 am

DCGX wrote:I think I've seen one ProJared video in my life, but he just seems like a person that would be wrong in most cases about most things. I think it's his face.

he is a nintendo fanboy with the face of a spoiled 12 year old. so nintendo fans eat anything he says.