ProJared Is Wrong About Sonic Adventure 2

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Roareye
Rank 9

Re: ProJared Is Wrong About Sonic Adventure 2

Post#11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 am

The fact he played a Nintendo console port screams volumes there.

Most of the popular channels are Nintendo fanboys, it's a bit of a shame now I come to think about it.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#12 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:50 am

Roareye wrote:The fact he played a Nintendo console port screams volumes there.

Frankly I think it's irrelevant what port of the game he played, a bad argument is a bad argument regardless of platform.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 am

I do recall the Gamecube port having a sticky A button, sometimes the game would double jump on a single button press (happened with an official controller which didn't do it on any other game).

I'm not defending his bad arguments, far from it. The comment of what port he was playing was in response to someone else saying he was a Nintendo fanboy.

paddyboy
undertow

Post#14 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Dont know who poojared is but sonic adventure 2 is a shit game on dreamcast,i dont know why people like it,sonic adventure 1 is a great game still to me but sa2 just didnt do it for me,it felt like they took the adventure out of it and i hated the dark characters,game is boring as fuck,doesnt sound as good as the first game and lacks in all areas apart from graphics.

I would also imagine new comers to sa1 wont really enjoy that game either,its clunky and buggy,cheesy and easy,doesnt look all that great today and sonic isnt exactly a fan favourite these days either with the younger gamers.

I think people give the dreamcast wayy too much cred for such a shitty console,i dont want to go off topic and i am a big sega fan but sonic adventure 2 was crap,sonic colours and sonic generations were wayyyy better and in fact that would be my fav 3d sonic games sa1 sc and sg.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Cool

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 pm

paddyboy wrote:sonic adventure 2 was crap,sonic colours and sonic generations were wayyyy better and in fact that would be my fav 3d sonic games sa1 sc and sg.

Ah, the "boost to win" generation of Sonic fans.