NeoDC Win10 issue fixed. Thank you for replies everyone

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mrneo240
Rank 9

NeoDC Win10 issue fixed. Thank you for replies everyone

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 am

So as you may or may not know we at NeoDC have been trying to help people along with many projects inclduing on and off console development, and game releases (either with fixes or never before seen games on cd).

Me, mrneo240, had to recently upgrade to windows 10 for classes and know my complete setup for generating new releases is broken.

Before i had the process down for most games to: extract gdi, run a program, mount the file, rip to CDI. Very simple and very quick. It was using mostly older tools on Windows 8 x64.

Now though im on Windows 10 x64 Pro, and had to use slightly newer tools. Daemon tools had to be upgraded to "Daemon Tools lite 5.0.1" and that is the only other thing that has changed. I still use Disc Juggler 3.0.4 and all of my tools are the same.

NONE of tests to generate a working release have worked. Every time it tries to boot and i get the dreamcast logo and then it returns to the main menu CD PLayer. All of my old releases mounted in daemon tools work, but nothing new.

PLEASE HELP! We have 2 other members in the group but they mainly focus on programming/reversing.

P.S. if none of this makes sense to you, that is ok! Thanks for checking!!
Last edited by mrneo240 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: NeoDC member needs help from Windows 10 Users.

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Way over my head. I just know I dislike windows 10 on my pc. It is such a pain in my was to get my older pc games to work. If at all.

I really miss Dungeon Keeper 2. Wish it was on dreamcast. Mouse and keyboard would be awesome.

Best of luck with windows 10.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:42 pm

I liked Daemon Tools Lite but looks like flooded with ads not so Lite no more

So give WinCDEmu a whirl though I didn't test for CDI or direct BIN/MDF mount I just Teamviewed it on a buddy and very minimal+convenient

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 pm

TOPIC CLOSED.
ISSUE RESOLVED

It was a slight issue with directory names and some permissions. All sorted now and back in business. Working on our hardest project yet of releasing a game.

It's technically against our own rules but it's proving to be a huge challenge and we like challenges. Stay tuned.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Good to hear that it was resolved. Good luck!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#6 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Yea it threw me for a loop.
Turns out it was a minor issue but the bigger issue was the 2 games we are tackling (we may not get it, but we are trying) have some decent protections and we were confusing that with errors in generating the image.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:13 pm

At least you figured it out. I can't even get spintires to run full screen and see my mouse. I need it in a window to see my mouse...

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#8 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Our English guy suggested using our toolset to boot a random Homebrew game. So we downloaded some pisspoor game (sorry to the person who ported it and the original writers) and just plopped in place like we were doing a GDI release. Then I noticed that none of the file times were changing, fixed the permission issue and I was greeted with the worst driving game you could ever have a nightmare about.

When back to our test game (pachi slot hawei, it's tiny and boots in every emulator) and ran our tools again. Boom. Booted right up.

So at this point we can confidently make releases on Win10 x64. Which is pretty cool.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#9 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:At least you figured it out. I can't even get spintires to run full screen and see my mouse. I need it in a window to see my mouse...

Is that the driving game with accurate models and simulations for multi wheeled vehicles going through mud and stuff?

I think I remember seeing someone play it way back

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: NeoDC Win10 issue fixed. Thank you for replies everyone

Post#10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 pm

It is an awesome Game! Some of the missed trucks are a lot of fun.