Dreamcast Online using dial up over CABLE?!? Youtube video

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Dreamcast Online using dial up over CABLE?!? Youtube video

Post#1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Saw this on video on youtube and was interested because he was able to connect and I have the same modem as him. I think I know how he connected but I can't tell because he shot it in the dark, can maybe someone explain?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dreamcast Online using dial up over CABLE?!? Youtube video

Post#2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 pm

He's using VOIP from his XFinity/Comcast modem. A few people have tried using that and failed miserably. VOIP adds a lot of latency and results in a poor and unstable connection.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Sanik
noob

Post#3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:23 pm

I hate a mess, tidy up!

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:36 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:He's using VOIP from his XFinity/Comcast modem. A few people have tried using that and failed miserably. VOIP adds a lot of latency and results in a poor and unstable connection.

Thanks