The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

Post#41 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Happy to report that Sega Rally 2 Jap works perfectly. I had to change from Imation to Verbatim CD-R for it to work. I used DiscJuggler, I did not try ImgBurn yet, but I will do so tomorrow.

Hey hey! I just saw your comment, I glad you got it working in the end.

Did it require you to disconnect the rumble paks? It's so strange that it just instantly hangs the game.

I did some reading about to multiplayer in the game and it would seem someone said it used "phone switching" to connect and actually do multiplayer races. I have no idea if that can be reverse engineered or even emulated.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#42 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 pm

For EVERYONE ELSE who cares:
2 projects are sucking up all of our time.

1. Trying to make a selfboot of a very very tricky game (haven't even got it to start booting yet, it's been about a week now)

2. Starting work on a Dreamcast game (don't get your hopes up, it's mainly for coding practice and fun). We aren't advertising anything about it because people jump on and flock to these kinds of projects. Screenshot when something actually gets rendered to the screen. Still just writing and figuring out the engine stuff. For now it runs and processes button input.

The USA demo collection is still happening along with the DoriMaga collection. 2 more have been completed but not upped

thE rZA
dark night

Post#43 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 am

Hey yall.

Relating Neodc_cdda_tool: I tried this on Windows 7 cmd shell. It says everything is ok. No errors. But: The "ripped" songs have all 44kb. So I doesn't ripped a song. I tested FLAC and WAV.

What am I missing? What did I wrong?
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

MobiusX
undertow

Post#44 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll give it a shot - I noticed something weird in the NeoDC release of Monaco 2. I always get the exact same song for background music during a race. I just assumed this was the intended behavior because I"ve never played the original. But when playing online last night, pcwzrd mentioned he hears different music than I do. (I'm not sure which release he's using.)

I'm using the "FULL_CDDA" CDI release. Was the soundtrack ripped for the CDI release? Or is this intended behavior?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#45 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:52 pm

I play the GD , so every race loads a different song , and that song will repeat throughout the race

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#46 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:01 pm

thE rZA wrote:Hey yall.

Relating Neodc_cdda_tool: I tried this on Windows 7 cmd shell. It says everything is ok. No errors. But: The "ripped" songs have all 44kb. So I doesn't ripped a song. I tested FLAC and WAV.

What am I missing? What did I wrong?

interesting. are you using it on CDI files?

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#47 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm

MobiusX wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll give it a shot - I noticed something weird in the NeoDC release of Monaco 2. I always get the exact same song for background music during a race.
I'm using the "FULL_CDDA" CDI release. Was the soundtrack ripped for the CDI release? Or is this intended behavior?

Definitely not intended behavior. Testing was only done on the first track and since music played we figured it was fine.

:( soundtrack was slightly trimmed and then faded but it is still there completely. damn. SORRY EVERYONE

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#48 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:35 pm

When I tested your CDI she was playing all the different tunes I thinks

MobiusX
undertow

Post#49 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:55 pm

mrneo240 wrote:
MobiusX wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll give it a shot - I noticed something weird in the NeoDC release of Monaco 2. I always get the exact same song for background music during a race.

Definitely not intended behavior. Testing was only done on the first track and since music played we figured it was fine.

:( soundtrack was slightly trimmed and then faded but it is still there completely. damn. SORRY EVERYONE

Just tinkered with it a bit. I definitely get the same background music every race. It matches up to "Track 1" when I use the DC's built in music player. When Track 1 finishes in-race, it proceeds to Track 2. If I ever get a "New Lap Record" announcement during a race, it resets to the start of Track 1.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#50 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:11 pm

MobiusX wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:

Just tinkered with it a bit. I definitely get the same background music every race. It matches up to "Track 1" when I use the DC's built in music player. When Track 1 finishes in-race, it proceeds to Track 2. If I ever get a "New Lap Record" announcement during a race, it resets to the start of Track 1.

sounds a lot like what is happening with armada (if you pause it restarts track 1 of the audio).

btw we started digging into intrepid izzy (shameful i know)...

we started dumping stuff but figured it isnt cool to mess with new indie developments. so we are postponing any more efforts publicly.

Code: Select all

<screen id="credits" timeout="60" return="options" returnoption="credits" align="center" top="50%">
   <spacer height="-200" />
   <title>CREDITS</title>
   <spacer height="24" />
   Design, graphics and programming: Roel van Mastbergen
   <br />
      <spacer />
   Inspired by my fantastic friend Kimberly
   <br />
   <br />
   <option return="true">RETURN</option>
</screen>