The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
thE rZA
dark night

Re: The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

Post#51 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 am

mrneo240 wrote:
thE rZA wrote:Hey yall.

Relating Neodc_cdda_tool: I tried this on Windows 7 cmd shell. It says everything is ok. No errors. But: The "ripped" songs have all 44kb. So I doesn't ripped a song. I tested FLAC and WAV.

What am I missing? What did I wrong?

interesting. are you using it on CDI files?

Hey mrneo240.

Yup.
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#52 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:24 am

thE rZA wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:
thE rZA wrote:Hey yall.

Relating Neodc_cdda_tool: I tried this on Windows 7 cmd shell. It says everything is ok. No errors. But: The "ripped" songs have all 44kb. So I doesn't ripped a song. I tested FLAC and WAV.

What am I missing? What did I wrong?

interesting. are you using it on CDI files?

Hey mrneo240.

Yup.

Would you mind either posting the filename or pmming it to me? I'm sure it's some weird thing going on with the header in that image.

It's just really odd they are all the same size and so tiny. I'll whip up a fix for it

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#53 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:40 am

settle down everyone :) we fixed cdda_tools, so unless you need something else added we are just letting it be for now.
as always its hosted not here but on our usual spot.
changes:
  • slightly smaller
  • slightly slower
  • actually working now
  • fixed some flac encoding issues
  • slight error checking

Code: Select all

_   __           ____  ______
   / | / /__  ____  / __ \/ ____/
  /  |/ / _ \/ __ \/ / / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /_/ / /_/ / /___
/_/ |_/\___/\____/_____/\____/
CDDA Tools! ver 0.0.2-Dir Fix
Options:
        -E: Extract audio Tracks to WAV files
        -FLAC: Compress extracted tracks to FLAC
        -H: prints this help info

Commands can be combined or run seperately.

Example:
        neodc_cdda.exe -E D:\dc_monaco\neodc_monaco.cdi
        neodc_cdda.exe -E -FLAC D:\dc_monaco\neodc_monaco.cdi
        neodc_cdda.exe -FLAC 16
Attachments
neodc_cdda_tool_v002.7z
(101.22 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#54 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:45 am

nice work, mrneo240!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#55 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:58 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:nice work, mrneo240!

The only real issue was a hardcoded filepath in the extraction function, just a stupid mistake.

We took the opportunity to fix a couple other small errors and clean up the source a little to prevent future issues.

Thanks for the kind words.

It should work on ANY CDI that has music tracks. Even if it's not a Dreamcast game or something. Who knows it's untested but should work.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#56 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Just thought of another one, maybe the original Japanese version of SA1 as that one has never been done yet, also maybe a working version of the SA1 E3 99 Demo would be cool too

BloodBrother
core

Post#57 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:23 am

I noticed a mention of Intrepid Izzy, and thought id mention something. I dont have a computer, but my friend has a computer and so i go to his place to burn games. Four discs (on four different burn programs) later and we still have no working copy of the demo. Any suggestions, please?
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#58 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:32 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:Just thought of another one, maybe the original Japanese version of SA1 as that one has never been done yet, also maybe a working version of the SA1 E3 99 Demo would be cool too

+1

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#59 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:36 am

BloodBrother wrote:I noticed a mention of Intrepid Izzy, and thought id mention something. I dont have a computer, but my friend has a computer and so i go to his place to burn games. Four discs (on four different burn programs) later and we still have no working copy of the demo. Any suggestions, please?

You will have to ask the senile team themselves or learn how to remaster the image yourself.

We will not be releasing anything relating to current games even if the demo is distributed in a free and open manner. The Intrepid Izzy project is 100% theirs and we would hate to even infringe on that even a miniscule amount.

Sorry, again though I will say they were given 2 new images that should have better compatibility. It is up to them whether they spread those images or even acknowledge that or not, again they hold all the keys to the project.

Now if you are interested in something older that isn't currently being sold, then YES I could offer assistance and help. Or even do it for you.

I hope you understand.

BloodBrother
core

Post#60 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:59 am

mrneo240 wrote:
BloodBrother wrote:I noticed a mention of Intrepid Izzy, and thought id mention something. I dont have a computer, but my friend has a computer and so i go to his place to burn games. Four discs (on four different burn programs) later and we still have no working copy of the demo. Any suggestions, please?

You will have to ask the senile team themselves or learn how to remaster the image yourself.

We will not be releasing anything relating to current games even if the demo is distributed in a free and open manner. The Intrepid Izzy project is 100% theirs and we would hate to even infringe on that even a miniscule amount.

Sorry, again though I will say they were given 2 new images that should have better compatibility. It is up to them whether they spread those images or even acknowledge that or not, again they hold all the keys to the project.

Now if you are interested in something older that isn't currently being sold, then YES I could offer assistance and help. Or even do it for you.

I hope you understand.

I do understand, i am not trying to start any sort of drama. I did ask roel for some help, and followed his instructions, and i am still striking out. I just thought asking for insight on here would be helpful.

On another note, i am a huge n00b to the post sega dreamcast scene, but after reading this thread all the way thru, it seems as if you are a helping hand in the longevity of the Dreamcast, and i just wanted to say thank you.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.