Games with chat with Keyboard

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
thE rZA
dark night

Games with chat with Keyboard

Post#1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:05 am

Hey.

I have the skillz DCconnection 3 in 1. I can connect a PS/2 keyboard to it. It works flawlessly with PSO since 200x. But: Monaco GP2O doesn't work.

What games takes the KB fpr chat? This joypad-chat-thingy is lame as hell and too slow.

Any lists out there?
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Games with chat with Keyboard

Post#2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 am

The Skillz adapter can be finicky. I have that one as well and it won't work with some games. The keyboard is supported by all games that support text chat.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

thE rZA
dark night

Post#3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:59 am

So the original DC keyboards works well with MGP2O for e. g.? And Toy toy? With all chats? Tihs.
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am

thE rZA wrote:So the original DC keyboards works well with MGP2O for e. g.? And Toy toy? With all chats? Tihs.

Yup
PSO Characters:

WingMantis
dark night

Post#5 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:The Skillz adapter can be finicky. I have that one as well and it won't work with some games. The keyboard is supported by all games that support text chat.
thE rZA wrote:Hey.

I have the skillz DCconnection 3 in 1. I can connect a PS/2 keyboard to it. It works flawlessly with PSO since 200x. But: Monaco GP2O doesn't work.

What games takes the KB fpr chat? This joypad-chat-thingy is lame as hell and too slow.

Any lists out there?

Hey guys, I've been looking for info on the Skillz adapters (and for an actual skillz adapter). They recommended the Skillz 2in1 for keyboard mouse over the Total Control 5 on SegaXtreme.

I have a DC keyboard, so I mostly need an adapter for a mouse. Do the skillz 3 and 4 in 1 do mice as well, or just keyboard?

Other mouse adapter recommendations?

Thanks!

thE rZA
dark night

Post#6 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:26 am

Hey.

pcwzrd13 wrote:The Skillz adapter can be finicky. I have that one as well and it won't work with some games. The keyboard is supported by all games that support text chat.

If I switch the mode switch to the joypad symbol, not the circle thing, it works with RSMGP2O and my PS/2 kb, too :) . I had the wrong mode, maybe.

What are the two modes for? The joypad and the cirlce?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:25 am

thE rZA wrote:What are the two modes for? The joypad and the cirlce?

That's to switch between a regular controller and a racing wheel. It's only for the PS2 and Saturn ports and It doesn't affect the keyboard port. If the keyboard works now, it's just a coincidence. Like I said, finicky. :lol:
PSO Characters:

thE rZA
dark night

Post#8 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:38 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
thE rZA wrote:What are the two modes for? The joypad and the cirlce?

That's to switch between a regular controller and a racing wheel. It's only for the PS2 and Saturn ports and It doesn't affect the keyboard port. If the keyboard works now, it's just a coincidence. Like I said, finicky. :lol:

Damn. If I switch to PS2 the kb works. If I switch to Saturn kb works not :oops: :shock: . So I have to spend money on the real Dc kb... Is 18 bucks ok for it?

mstar
Doom

Post#9 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 am

If you ain't got no timemachine, then i guess it is OK :P

Bought one for 3€ brandnew from rebuy, a few years ago :)