DreamPSU - Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Poll: Would you buy one?

Yes
89%
No
7%
Maybe
4%
Total votes: 27

Dakem
noob

Re: DreamPSU - Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

Post#41 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:39 pm

I want one too! :D
Could I PM you?

Dakem
noob

Post#42 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm

I want it so much right now!

Gumbo
lithium

Post#43 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Dakem wrote:I want one too! :D
Could I PM you?

Of course you can, tweet me too ;)

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#44 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:47 am

PM sent.

GDEMU is constantly pushing my DC to its limits, shutting it down due to overheating. Since 3D printing out a SD card tray for GDEMU, the airflow stabilized a little, and the DC doesn't shut down so often, but still, it does once in a while after 3 or 4 hours of playing.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1585333

Printed mine in orange 8-)

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#45 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Gumbo wrote:PM me with your email address and i will add you to the list of a future batch ;)

If I imagined there was going to be another batch, I wouldn't have put efforts on replacing my PSU by a PicoPSU. It's a good solution, but yours is definitely cleaner.

Just for comparison with my setup, have you measured how hot does DreamPSU get?
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!

Gumbo
lithium

Post#46 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:01 pm

TuxTheWise wrote:
Gumbo wrote:PM me with your email address and i will add you to the list of a future batch ;)

If I imagined there was going to be another batch, I wouldn't have put efforts on replacing my PSU by a PicoPSU. It's a good solution, but yours is definitely cleaner.

Just for comparison with my setup, have you measured how hot does DreamPSU get?

Hey,

Sorry i didn't see this reply.
I did some burn in tests with the DreamPSU and left crazy taxi going for 12 hours. The temps never went 10c above ambient, and that was measuring directly on the IC on the DreamPSU. The warmest part of the Dreamcast itself was actually the GPU, which isn't a surprise. I'm not sure of the exact temps the GPU got up to, but it didn't hurt keeping my hand on it.
Just for comparison, the original Dreamcast power supply with a GDEMU got well above 60c in my tests.

Chris

Dylanlip
noob

Post#47 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:45 am

How did I not discover this last year? Jeez, and then there's a Saturn one you've made as well! I hope I didn't join the party (or the forum) too late. Is it okay for me to still PM you? I'm probably interested in both power supplies.

Gumbo
lithium

Post#48 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Dylanlip wrote:How did I not discover this last year? Jeez, and then there's a Saturn one you've made as well! I hope I didn't join the party (or the forum) too late. Is it okay for me to still PM you? I'm probably interested in both power supplies.

Don't worry, a lot of people missed it.
Your more than welcome to PM me your email :)
Chris

petter3k
Developer

Post#49 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Im in a hurry - send me a PM would u?
http://www.dcserv.org - NOT up to date.
Will be online for educational purposes, for now.

Gumbo
lithium

Post#50 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Hey Everyone,
Recently I have been working on a website to make the DreamPSU and the SaturnPSU orders easier as well as making the all the info you could ever want available in one place.
However, in the last 2 days I have received 2 unexpected pre-orders on the site thanks to Google indexing.
As a result, I will be opening the site officially for pre-orders as of now.
As stated on the site, the pre-orders are not due to be shipped until end of May / beginning of June.
The choice is yours if you wish to pre-order, however its at the risk of missing out as there will be limited stock.
https://www.RetroPSU.com/
Chris