Dreamcast Ultimate Archive

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sternosaur
noob

Re: Dreamcast Ultimate Archive

Post#31 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:27 pm

For Dreamcast Homebrew games, why does it say special thanks to Anthony817? I’M Sternosaur, when you click on the link you’ll see it’s hosted on my gsuite. I paid $10 for firedrop just so I could download these in time before RZ went down. I spent like 9 hours doing it all in a single day. I still have to use the wayback machine though so I can compare and properly name some of them and when I can get to it, I’d like to attach a screenshot of each games description so that way each person who uploaded each game is properly credited and saved, like a tribute/memorial to everything that’s been accumulated after all of these years on that site.

..do any of you happen to have the entire CDI official games collection that was hosted before they got taken down on both ends of TiZ and RZ? I’d hate to see the dreamcasts contributions for those just disappear. I was only able to get as far as 100 games for the official games before it was too late. I have them all in GDI format which I understand is 1:1 but I can only imagine how much work was put into the collection collectively and how many discs must have been wasted/burned trying to downsample stuff without losing too much quality to where it could both be burned and played on physical hardware as well as emulated.

Xiden
Black Mesa

Post#32 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:52 am

Sternosaur wrote:For Dreamcast Homebrew games, why does it say special thanks to Anthony817? I’M Sternosaur, when you click on the link you’ll see it’s hosted on my gsuite. I paid $10 for firedrop just so I could download these in time before RZ went down. I spent like 9 hours doing it all in a single day. I still have to use the wayback machine though so I can compare and properly name some of them and when I can get to it, I’d like to attach a screenshot of each games description so that way each person who uploaded each game is properly credited and saved, like a tribute/memorial to everything that’s been accumulated after all of these years on that site.

He supplied me the link man, I didn't go into the link to investigate the real owner. However I've updated it to credit you instead.

Sternosaur
noob

Post#33 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am

Xiden wrote:
Sternosaur wrote:

He supplied me the link man, I didn't go into the link to investigate the real owner. However I've updated it to credit you instead.

Oh okay lol that’s cool, I’m surprised you didn’t see it. Are you on discord? I posted the link in 10 of them except for a couple that didn’t allow links in the channels.

mrneo240
St.Jimmy

Post#34 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:47 am

Sternosaur wrote:..do any of you happen to have the entire CDI official games collection that was hosted before they got taken down on both ends of TiZ and RZ?

Can you explain what you mean?

I have the entire scene dat set for the DC from 99 to 2016 complete, is that what you're looking for?

mistamontiel
Sega RPG

Post#35 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:23 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... YgSTyxdRWM

I Discord! PC runs 24/7

Of course not everything is in there. I do have some CDIs stashed that are not

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Lol, I was just grabbing and sharing links I got. It wasn't my intention to take any of the credit for it in the first place, just helping out the community like I always used to do spreading news and infos.

Sternosaur
noob

Post#37 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:16 am

mrneo240 wrote:
Sternosaur wrote:..do any of you happen to have the entire CDI official games collection that was hosted before they got taken down on both ends of TiZ and RZ?

Can you explain what you mean?

I have the entire scene dat set for the DC from 99 to 2016 complete, is that what you're looking for?

The best way I can explain it is when you would go on TiZ and click the dreamcast section, you'd see in some cases the same game hosted multiple times because different things were done to bring the file size down in order to fit onto a blank CD-R disc. They were all specifically in CDI, I've been meaning for years to archive it and back it up but always put it off thinking IZ would never go down, and well.. you know the rest.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am

I used to be the main mod at TIZ since 2010 taking care of the Dreamcast side of things. Unfortunately I was banned at the end of 2014. Mods there got too toxic towards new members and I spoke out about that toxicity. Unfortunately nobody stood up for me, and I was banned.

I have a lot of the content for the Dreamcast side of things on my backup HDD. However I didn't grab the CDI stuff. I have only GDI images.

If there is any particular homebrew stuff you want I most likely have it.

However you might already have that.

Sternosaur
noob

Post#39 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 am

Anthony817 wrote:I used to be the main mod at TIZ since 2010 taking care of the Dreamcast side of things. Unfortunately I was banned at the end of 2014. Mods there got too toxic towards new members and I spoke out about that toxicity. Unfortunately nobody stood up for me, and I was banned.

I have a lot of the content for the Dreamcast side of things on my backup HDD. However I didn't grab the CDI stuff. I have only GDI images.

If there is any particular homebrew stuff you want I most likely have it.

However you might already have that.

super mario all stars 5 yoshis adventures continues was just 20 random super mario world hacks, and Curse of Monkey Island ScummDC was just an unofficial port to the dreamcast, so thankfully nothing was truly lost in that regard but if you had them that'd be great

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#40 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Ah I don't have those either sadly. I have been trying to find them online but they are nowhere to be found. I was super happy to find the MYST and Riven ports. It is unfortunate that Riven has an issue saving progress, as it plays flawlessly otherwise! I would love to see the MYST series fully ported over to the DC, I am sure we could have all of them running fine on the console, it is just that it had a error with saving or something due to how ScummDC was coded.

I uploaded some harder to find stuff and posted it here in the downloads section. My friend mistamontiel helped me rebuild a somewhat incomplete library of selfbooting Bleem games though, so we do have those uploaded here as well. Just check out the downloads section if you want them.

viewforum.php?f=22