Dreamcast VS Cable Questions

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Hiker5
rebel

Dreamcast VS Cable Questions

Post#1 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:45 am

After doing some digging I was finally able to find a Japanese website that has official Sega VS link cables. The price was reasonable considering how outrageous they go for on eBay.

A few questions: Is it possible to make a homemade link cable? The only other option I've seen is pairing 2 coders cables together.

What games support the VS link cable officially and unofficially? Cheers! :lol:

krssn
Metallic

Re: Dreamcast VS Cable Questions

Post#2 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Link?...

As for making one yourself, the connector is the biggest problem. You'd have to reroute all the pins. Twice, since you'll have to link two of them, obviously...

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Yes it is possible to make a homemade dreamcast vs cable. Someone on Assemblergames made one, of course the site is gone now...along with the instructions... :/

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Hiker5
rebel

Post#5 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:34 pm

After the yen conversion I wound up paying 150 for a cable. Just waiting for the third party to ship it to the states ^^

I'm hoping to play some virtual on with this bad boy >:)

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Hiker5 wrote:After the yen conversion I wound up paying 150 for a cable. Just waiting for the third party to ship it to the states ^^

did they have any more for sell ? :)

Hiker5
rebel

Post#7 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:25 am

Xiden wrote:
Hiker5 wrote:After the yen conversion I wound up paying 150 for a cable. Just waiting for the third party to ship it to the states ^^

did they have any more for sell ? :)

I PM'ed you the info.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#8 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:48 pm

So jealous :D I'd be curious to see this site you speak of that has $150 vs link cables.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#9 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 pm

There's always the Dragoncast Vs. Link Cable. I have one I got for cheap years ago but haven't tested it yet...

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#10 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:15 am

and what games support it?