DreamPi

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
TacT
Uber

Re: DreamPi

Post#11 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
TacT wrote:Ohh so you did like my ideas after all and you just didn't want my help making the modems to sell in your shop cause you wanted to do everything yourself , I guess I can stop making mine then.

You're seriously going to get upset over this? I purposely didn't sell modems like yours because it was your design and I didn't want to compete with you. My modem isn't a copy of yours. It has the line voltage inducer completely integrated into the modem and is powered from a single USB port. It took a lot of time and effort to get it working.

I'm not upset lol just see how you conduct yourself now. And if you recall I did suggest to build the whole thing into the modem if you wanted to but since you didn't like my ideas or wanted sell my modems, decided to keep it simple, Also some people who use some usb hubs with other pi setups, sometimes need a separate usb power for the lvi so i decided to keep it a separate plugs still. =) I just wanted to try to help you out and make some modems for you to sell and the profits would go to the so called "community" . its all good
I just ordered another batch I'll make more for now. I also didn't finish making a pal compatible modem because I also thought it would be nice to point people to your site who needed a pal lvi since you have one now.

Just a little consideration and communication would have been nice is all lol

it's still thinking.

TacT
Uber

Post#12 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Sorry this kinda took over your thread there Skbrad and I hate quoting like that lol. As you can see there's lots of options to get you online! Hope to see you playing soon!

it's still thinking.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#13 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 pm

nevermind..

I dont feel like going back to quote for context on this post..

so here is a unicorn pissing rainbows.. or something.. possibly NWS :lol:

http://www.mookychick.co.uk/wp-content/ ... corn-7.png
Last edited by HuntrRose on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xiden
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 pm

HuntrRose wrote:nevermind..

I dont feel like going back to quote for context on this post..

so here is a unicorn pissing rainbows..

Looks like a ubicorn jerkin it and splooging out a rainbow lol

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#15 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:16 pm

now that you mention it...

SKbrad15
noob

Post#16 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:18 pm

@pcwzrd13 (Subbed btw) I know about the ones on http://www.dreamcastlive.net/shop.html but i'm looking for something under $40.00 at least. Love your channel bro. #youtube

SKbrad15
noob

Post#17 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:22 pm

I need a new one cuz my old one is breaking and I want new hardware. I have a 1.4 but i'd like a 3. @HuntrRose The Fuck???!!!???

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#18 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:29 pm

SKbrad15 wrote:I need a new one cuz my old one is breaking and I want new hardware. I have a 1.4 but i'd like a 3.

The Pi 3 will cost you at least $40 by itself so you that's an extremely low budget. If you keep an eye on eBay you might be able to get an original Pi model B or B+ for around $20 but you'll still need the modem, line voltage inducer, power supply, and MicroSD card. You can just buy the line voltage inducer from me and try and find the rest of the parts yourself. Might take you a while to find everything for your budget though.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live