Etsy - Shenmue 2

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
BloodBrother
core

Re: Etsy - Shenmue 2

Post#11 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:13 am

OGDCFAN99 wrote:The guys that pay $$$$$$$ for fake copies of games are the same guys that put fake Type R stickers on their Hondas and put fake M badges on their base model Bimmers.

LoL And I second that.. Just download and burn it. Feel sorry for people who pay money for a burned game. If you cant afford to have real collections, nobodys goingto be impressed at a shelf full of fake games. Your better off Spending any amount of money on a giant spindle of CDR's.

Hell I actually give props to the guys who are making these repros and getting away with profiting off of other peoples stupidity. :lol: Who knew!?

Lol, I did not know that there was a legit retail copy of Shenmue 2, for the Dreamcast, released in NA, with English dubbing, that I've missed out impressing my friends with... (Thanks Microsoft) Additonally, I don't like having loose discs, so if I'm paying for it, then by God, it will be with artwork and an instruction booklet.

Secondly, I'm not gonna shell out (ex): $45-$75 for Typing of the Dead, when a repo is $20. I'm buying the game to play it, not sit around on my shelf to impress my friends! (They wouldn't be anyways).

Furthermore, I don't have internet or a computer @ my home, besides my phone, so ripping isn't an option. I do admit however, that I would if I could.

I'm on a nostalgia trip, with a collector's interest, so when I can rip games myself, I will. And when I can afford the $ to pay out the ass for a copy of a game I remember buying brand new (well, my dad buying), I will. Until then, I'm walking that fine line of "stupidity".

Ps, F&#k Hondas and beemers, my DSM will make you eat smoke.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#12 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:10 am

Or you can just download an ISO of the game for free, "shell out" 10cents for a CD-R, or in this case 4 cdrs so roughly 40 cents, burn it for free and not get ripped off. Then you don't have to walk that fine line you speak of and enjoy the wonderful game instead.

P.s. If you want to actually shell out for the retail copy, the PAL release is the one with English subtitles. I'm not sure what you've heard but it was never released in North America let alone with English dub.

BloodBrother
core

Post#13 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 am

OGDCFAN99 wrote:Or you can just download an ISO of the game for free, "shell out" 10cents for a CD-R, or in this case 4 cdrs so roughly 40 cents, burn it for free and not get ripped off. Then you don't have to walk that fine line you speak of and enjoy the wonderful game instead.

P.s. If you want to actually shell out for the retail copy, the PAL release is the one with English subtitles. I'm not sure what you've heard but it was never released in North America let alone with English dub.

It seems like you read it, but failed to comprehend one bit of my reply to you. Otherwise you would know I have no way of downloading a free iso, let alone transferring that iso to a disc.

And yes, I do know there is no such thing, as my sarcasm made that clear. Microsoft secured the rights to exclusively distribute Shenmue 2 in NA for the Xbox.

There is however a modded version where the English track was ripped from the Xbox version, and placed over the PAL version.....giving you an English dubbed Shenmue 2. That is the same product I started the discussion about... Not sure what you've heard.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:37 am

Yes, it was done years ago by one of our early pioneers here at DC-Talk. I use the 80min version discs as I do not have the 90min discs (never saw one in my life). I hear really good things about the 90min disc version because the audio is not down-sampled to the ground like the 80min disc version is (due to lack of space). This does not bother me as I do not think it's that bad, but this is what it is. I have the Sega GD-ROM PAL version I never played, I just "own" it to have it along with my back-up version.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#15 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Same here. Sometime after they released the english dub version I exclusively started using that back up and finished the game with it. Haven't touched the GD-ROM PAL version since. Someday Ill get 99 min cdrs to get that uncompressed sound but I agree, the 80 min version sounds just fine.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#16 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:20 am

do NOT get the 80 minute cd's since they miss tons of audio including all voices during the talking on the streets. ruins the game imo.

samanosuke
noob

Post#17 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:50 am

Sticking an 'M' badge on a 3-series won't give it M3 performance. Buying a repro, 9 times out of 10 will play as good as an original, sometimes better if patched/improved/translated.

Poor analogy.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#18 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:50 pm

samanosuke wrote:Sticking an 'M' badge on a 3-series won't give it M3 performance. Buying a repro, 9 times out of 10 will play as good as an original, sometimes better if patched/improved/translated.

Poor analogy.

I have real copies of pso but the optimized version i burn does load so much nicer.

Ekstreme
shadow

Post#19 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:34 pm

MikeSturzzzz, are these 99min discs actually any good? Hard to find in OZ, but this site ships free to here, so that's a bonus.