DC-Now (on android/linux/win)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
lerabot
blackout!

Re: DC-Now (on android/linux/win)

Post#31 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 am

Added a small feature where you can see how much people are connected on Sylverant based on BlueCrab's website data. BlueCrab, I took the right to use your data but if you don't like that, lemme know.

Builds are up.
Indie Game Studio

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#32 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Cool new feature!

Something I wanted to mention for the last few upgrades was a "bug" of some kind. I don't know what the root cause of it is, but it is triggered by screen resolution changes. I've only tried this with Linux, but when the monitor's / screen's resolution changes while the app is running (such as when starting a full-screen game which runs at a lower resolution), the app's field/window will afterward only show a weird un-updating display. What it shows instead of what it should is the contents of whatever the other windows which were above it were displaying.

I'll try to see if it happens with MS Windows too.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#33 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Nah, it looks like the problem isn't happening here in Windows land. My guess is that it has to do with the type of Java I have installed in Linux.

So good news: it is not your program's fault. :-)

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#34 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 am

Is there going to be an upgrade to this app that adds images for the recently revived games like Ooga Booga and such? I sure hope so!

RobisMarshall
minority

Post#35 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:37 pm

this is going to be amazing