Just got my Dreamcast in HD!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Smokey
lithium

Re: Just got my Dreamcast in HD!

Post#11 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:32 pm

GameOverYeah wrote:Devils fan?

I'm fricking depressed. Red wings suck monkey butt this year; missing the playoffs for the first time since 25 years ago.

Pistons are crap too.

But nice setup.

Indeed. I know your pain man. My Devils have sucked for years now......really hoping they turn their crap around in a few seasons and we can be a contending team again.....Our GM is building for the long-term future though so i'm gonna just have to wait and see I guess. :P

Thanks! What isn't seen is I have a PS4 behind my laptop :P

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#12 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:00 am

GameOverYeah wrote:Devils fan?

I'm fricking depressed. Red wings suck monkey butt this year; missing the playoffs for the first time since 25 years ago.

Pistons are crap too.

But nice setup.
This was going to happen sooner or later. The last few years we came close to missing the playoffs. I think we could all see it coming. Maybe we can get better once we are in little Caesars arena.

Drebin4209
noob

Post#13 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:25 pm

JUST saw this very helpful post of yours. I was about to post something asking about the proper pieces to get MY Dc up and running in HD. My question is about the audio though. Isn't the HDMI providing the audio for you? Why are you using that mini audio to RCA adapter? I figured I could just get the first 2 pieces and be good to go. The HDMI cable should give me full stereo sound since its going through my home theater receiver. Thanks

McDreamcast
noob

Post#14 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 am

Old thread I know, but I ended up going with a 4k VGA to HDMI upscaler for my 4k TV and boy does it look amazing. Literally just finished Shenmue 1. Time to finally use the save file and continue to number 2.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#15 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:28 pm

What kind of 4k upscaler did you get? I wonder how it compares to the Framemeister or Atlona's products. I have yet to dabble with the new wave of 4k upscalers that have come out in the past year or so. Being newer tech, I would assume that a cheap 4k upscaler would be better than one of the many cheap regular HD upscalers. Does it actually scale the image properly to fit the screen without black bars?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:36 pm

i got my DC a girlfriend...a sega gamegear about 3 weeks ago...and about 30 games...they look good together

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#17 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Love that Devils clock! I'm a diehard Devils fan myself.

They are getting their asses handed to em right now though :(

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#18 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Yeah redwings struggling going through team rebuild. I have the same Setup except I bought a custom Cable online from somone here.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#19 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:53 am

better then using an upscaler imo is using a marseille mcable from the vga to hdmi source into the tv. you won't believe how well the anti aliasing works.

Apex
shadow

Post#20 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:41 am

congrats man!!! i remember the first time i got my dreamcast hooked up through vga... holy shit lol. actually, i just recently took it to another level by buying a dell e176fp monitor on letgo. it's a 17in, 1280x1024 monitor and the dreamcast looks absolutely gorgeous on it. crisp and crystal clear.