PSO V2 Single Player

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: PSO V2 Single Player

Post#21 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:36 am

You don't have to pay to play online anymore, but you do need BlueCrab's boot disc to disable the HL check, or else you can't go online.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#22 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:You don't have to pay to play online anymore, but you do need BlueCrab's boot disc to disable the HL check, or else you can't go online.

Was that including the Japanese version? If so I'll grab a copy of BlueCrab's boot disc :)

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#23 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:40 am

JPv1 is the only V1 that requires the boot disc. USv1 and EUv1 were free to play online.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#24 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09 am

Thanks Aleron, I'll try to grab a disc :)

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#25 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:51 am

Keep in mind that you should get V2 when you can, as it's harder to find people to play with if you only have V1, since you can't play Ultimate, Challenge, or most quests.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#26 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:11 am

Oh. The Japanese ver2 should be ok? I don't want to lose my hours of play and I don't think you can move saves between regions lol

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:59 am

Japanese v2 works fine online (and with the patcher disc).

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#28 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 am

It's buggier than the Western releases, but it does work.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#29 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks guys, I've got it on order. Where can I get BlueCrabs boot disc? Is it a download and burn to CD or is it purchase from him direct?

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#30 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Download it and burn it. I have no intention of selling it. ;-)

You might want to try Aleron Ives' image of it first, as some people have issues with the one I made. You can find that on his site: https://psopalace.sylverant.net/ under Dreamcast downloads.

You can find my image (along with the source code and the plain files if you want to use some other tool for burning) by hitting the Downloads link on the main Sylverant website.