What's the worst Dreamcast game?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: What's the worst Dreamcast game?

Post#21 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:04 pm

Seems like some people confuse "the worst game" with "games I just don't like".

brunovieira90
minority

Post#22 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:11 pm

gidzilla (the first, that of the dreamcast launch in Japan). that would make me hate to have a dreamcast in the Japanese release, and I don't know how they allowed that right at the launch. gave the impression that it was a worse console than the ps1).

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#23 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:20 pm

Don’t get it twisted guys, it’s championship surfer!

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#24 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:16 pm

These are the three worse that i have played.

- NBA 2Night - Truly one of the worst sports video games that i have played. Hardly any modes, gameplay feels like you are on the moon of sorts and is very glitchy and is hard to believe that this game was shipped out. With the NBA 2K games on the DC there is no reason to play this.

- Spec Ops II: Omega Squad - I tried to play this game for an hour and had no idea what the goal or how to play this. It has some if not the worst visuals i have seen on the DC and is a shotty PC port that should have not been released in the state it was in. I almost thought my copy was defective back in the day.

- Spirit of Speed 1937 - I would say the infamous bad game for the system. The racing is some of the worse i have seen for a supposed "Sim" racing game, tracks/visuals have no detail and is another game that seems not to have been past a beta/demo stage.

Some honorable bad games for me as well are

- Test Drive 6 (Not Le Mans that is on the other hand an amazing racing game)

- Championship Surfer

- Disney's Dinosaur

- Who Wants to Beat up a Millionaire (This honestly should be in my main list truly nothing to this game besides bad questions and really doesn't have a purpose for existing.)

Wusty
shadow

Post#25 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 am

Spirit of Speed 1937

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#26 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:10 am

I've had some fun with 'Test Drive 6.' It's far from the best racer on the system, but it's not that bad.

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#27 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:39 am

DCGX wrote:I've had some fun with 'Test Drive 6.' It's far from the best racer on the system, but it's not that bad.

It could be a really didn't give it a chance. Maybe it shouldn't be on my list with all those other truly bad games. I just remember so underwhelmed with it.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#28 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 pm

Spirit of Speed 1937 always comes up. :lol:

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#29 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:36 pm

I always hated trickstyle lol

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#30 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 pm

beanboy wrote:Spirit of Speed 1937 always comes up. :lol:

For sure, it's not only a bad game for DC but an infamously bad game. I have tried playing it a few times over the years to try to see more of the game, but can't even stomach it for even ten minutes. lol

MastaG wrote:I always hated trickstyle lol

This is one i didn't want to list because i don't feel it's a bad game per say but rather a game that takes time to learn. But if i am being honest i don't like the game and tried real hard to like it over the years but haven't touched it now in 10+ years. It feels so clunky and the racing doesn't seem to flow well. It said as i feel it could be like a version of Tony Hawk that is pure racing but falls so short.