Send Email To All Registered Users about new Dreamcast games

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

VasiliyRS
Uber

Send Email To All Registered Users about new Dreamcast games

Post#1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:20 pm

I was thinking about this idea for some time but was not sure if i should suggest it. Anyway.
Right now there is a chance we see another Dreamcast game and that game would be by Yuan Works who created Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles and re-released it in 2016 by other publisher.
Afew years ago they were about to make another Dreamcast game called Little Ninja but development was stopped due i think some good reasons and they are back now with updated Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles release and intention to continue develop a game called Little Ninja. We must support them!

We here at dc-talk need to do everything to support them.
Announcments, mass emails anything
Alll available information is here http://dev.yuanworks.com/wind-and-water-dreamcast/ and here https://www.patreon.com/yuanworks

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Send Email To All Registered Users about new Dreamcast games

Post#2 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Announcements and news posts are fine, but I personally don't feel that mass-mailing the entire forum is a good idea.

First of all, for most people, it'd likely get flagged as spam. For those that it doesn't, you risk annoying them to the point where they either A) ignore it, or B) lose interest in whatever it is that you're mailing them about. Simply put, you don't mass-mail people unless they've opted in to being mass-mailed (not to mention that in many places, mass-mailing people without them opting in in the first place is illegal).

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#3 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:16 am

It is a nice idea though, creating a new Dreamcast releases newsletter maintained by a trusted and dedicated DC-Talk member. Ideal for this would be the use of mailchip; http://mailchimp.com which is free to use and has an excellent opt-in/out functionality.

Who steps up and has time for this =)

wrathofkhan
fire

Post#4 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Good idea but yes a newsletter via mailchimp sounds like a great idea. I could look into it perhaps.
For example orion has a new rpg coming, theres a kickstarter for shadow gangs and xydonia was mooted as a Dc game but it did not happen it seems. News of new games is scattered about.

krssn
Metallic

Post#5 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:36 pm

I'm with BlueCrab on this one...

The mountain doesn't have to come to Moses when Moses can come to the mountain.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#6 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:13 pm

What about integrating something directly into the forum here? It would need to be clearly visible- easily updated and accessible. New game creators could post there too, possibly pending moderation- potential new devs also- there is a lot of activity in the DC scene- centralization makes sense to me.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:27 am

Not a bad idea as long as its sonmething you opt into. No one likes spam and it came make a bad image for the community. But any sort of setting for users to opt into an email would be good.

Impulse
Admin

Post#8 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:49 am

VasiliyRS wrote:I was thinking about this idea for some time but was not sure if i should suggest it. Anyway.
Right now there is a chance we see another Dreamcast game and that game would be by Yuan Works who created Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles and re-released it in 2016 by other publisher.
Afew years ago they were about to make another Dreamcast game called Little Ninja but development was stopped due i think some good reasons and they are back now with updated Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles release and intention to continue develop a game called Little Ninja. We must support them!

We here at dc-talk need to do everything to support them.
Announcments, mass emails anything
Alll available information is here http://dev.yuanworks.com/wind-and-water-dreamcast/ and here https://www.patreon.com/yuanworks

I sent out a mass pm/email last year when the site was re-designed. Probably wasn't a good idea but it was site related and I wanted to get the news out. I definitely couldn't do that on the regular unless something was written into the registration terms. (fine print: "you agree to be spammed with a newsletter every week" ;) )

I feel like posting a news articles on the site is the best and easiest way. I've been looking for someone to take over writing articles for a while because I'm not a good journalist and i'm not around as much as I used to be. They get posted on the front page so a lot of people would see it. So if anyone wants to start writing articles for the site and or newsletter PM me.

But if someone wants to start a newsletter too, then sure thing! I could setup the account.
-Impulse

Neoblast
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Well, perhaps a pinned topic could do.

Mass mailing people about a game might seem a little like spam.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!