Whats up with the recent rise of scam topic being made about this pump coin or crypto something?

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Retro-45
letterbomb

Whats up with the recent rise of scam topic being made about this pump coin or crypto something?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:05 pm

I find it odd why has there been a recent rise of scam topics on the forum? One thing I don't really understand is:
1. why would they think this is the place to spam it.
2: is it the same person making separate accounts or a bot.
3: Is this just a scam fad that will go away in time.
I just been thinking about this, but good job on the mods part for erasing it.

Londinium
dirty sailor

Re: Whats up with the recent rise of scam topic being made about this pump coin or crypto something?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:33 pm

1) These scam attacks are happening everywhere, there's been a case over on Sonic Retro. We're just another random target something chose to attack.

2) It's most likely a bot, all the accounts who have posted spam were accounts that have existed for some time under a real user (EX: SolidSonicTH).

3) Maybe

What I don't know is how they even accessed the accounts. I might've been a brute force attack on the hacker's end, targeting accounts who have been inactive for a certain period of time. Maybe they got a fake email and gave their account information to a shady character. All I know is that it seems the email addresses for the hacked users have not been changed. SolidSonicTH's email contact is still seems to be their original email.

Just remember, hide yo kids, hide you wife, hide yo husband because the boogeyman is coming for your account ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Holsten
brutal

Re: Whats up with the recent rise of scam topic being made about this pump coin or crypto something?

Post#3 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:39 pm

hmm, haven´t actually seen anything like that in quite some time.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

cbx
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:25 pm

Holsten wrote:hmm, haven´t actually seen anything like that in quite some time.

Because it was reported and deleted.

Holsten
brutal

Post#5 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:04 am

then it seems to be the standard amount of scam bots and not really a rise.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.