Setup Instructions on Game Pages

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Setup Instructions on Game Pages

Post#1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:25 pm

So something I was thinking of here was on each of the games pages on the website, adding in instructions dependant on the title. Now for most games, this will be a basic link to the generic setup page (If need be). The times where this is more crucial is in the cases of game titles that aren't readily available or require a special set up process.

Games such as PBA Tour Bowling that aren't available for purchase, need to be burnt to disc and/or (Especially in the case of PBA Tour) require additional files to skip region lockouts and other frustrating additions. This would help gamers get themselves up and running easier and might reduce the demand on the community for support on often basic information.

Just an idea, might not be what you want and I'd respect that too. Just thought it was worth a suggestion.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Setup Instructions on Game Pages

Post#2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:53 am

Again it does not show instructions for setting up PBA Tour as a disc, since there is no retail copy to purchase. I burnt a disc and it failed.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#4 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:25 am

Where did you get the cdi from?

As far as region locking goes I think all the cdi burns don't gave that. At least for me. I burned Monaco online (pal game, I have ntsc u console) and it boots right away. No boot disc needed. Invent needed a good disk for any of my burns.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:27 am

I wouldn't mind seeing links to download the games that are know to be good on the set up page though.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:36 am

It's an issue with PPF patching. I have no idea what it is, how to do it and there's no explanation online. As I'm using a PAL console the initial CDI needs the patch. Things like this are crucial to playing these games and getting them online.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:34 am

I don't know if it really needs additional files to disable region lock. Part of the problem could be that pal consoles use 50hz tv's (I think) where and ntsc u consoles are 60hz. I know I needed vga cable for Monaco because the a/v output is 50hz and my tv wouldn't display it. But the game runs in 60hz with a vga.

But I'm no pro ether. Lol I'm learning as well!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#8 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Its loading, plays the intro videos and gets to the title screen. When you press Start it crashes