Suggestion for forums homepage

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Chael
fire

Suggestion for forums homepage

Post#1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Tact had this idea and I agree with him : would it be possible to have a small insert on the forums homepage where we could see the number of people online on X game? Something linked with DC-now but very small and simple.

That would be useful when 2-3 people are having an impromptu game (typically Monaco), other people browsing the forum but not checking dc-now could be tempted to join without us spamming the shoutbox.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Suggestion for forums homepage

Post#2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:05 pm

^ very great idear miniaturized DC-Now ought to be here in DC-Talk too .. we are one

Impulse
Admin

Post#3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am

Chael wrote:Tact had this idea and I agree with him : would it be possible to have a small insert on the forums homepage where we could see the number of people online on X game? Something linked with DC-now but very small and simple.

That would be useful when 2-3 people are having an impromptu game (typically Monaco), other people browsing the forum but not checking dc-now could be tempted to join without us spamming the shoutbox.
Thanks for the suggestion! I attempted to do this in the past but ran into a road block with how the Dreamcast Now online list displays. It didn't blend very well with the site template. I'll have to reach out kazade again and get this figured out.
-Impulse

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:47 am

Impulse wrote:
Chael wrote:Tact had this idea and I agree with him : would it be possible to have a small insert on the forums homepage where we could see the number of people online on X game? Something linked with DC-now but very small and simple.

Thanks for the suggestion! I attempted to do this in the past but ran into a road block with how the Dreamcast Now online list displays. It didn't blend very well with the site template. I'll have to reach out kazade again and get this figured out.

that would be an incredible addition to the site :) If kazade is too busy maybe I could eventually look into a script to scrape data from dc now to be more dc talk friendly :) Sadly I wouldnt be able to help til next month due to work crap.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:32 am

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 pm

ooo nice find!

Impulse
Admin

Post#7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Thanks guys I'm gonna take a look at that. Tha basic iframe embed doesn't work that well for this site. Needs a bit of customizing .
-Impulse