Website Maintenance Sunday April 30th

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Impulse
Admin

Website Maintenance Sunday April 30th

Post#1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

Sometime on Sunday afternoon (North Amercian time zones), I will be taking the forum offline for maintenance. We are transferring the forum to the same machine as our game servers. This should alleviate unusual connection errors and the general crap that my web host has been dishing out over the past years.

The maintenance could last all night but shouldn't take more than 8 or so hours of downtime.

See you on the other side :ugeek:
-Impulse

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Website Maintenance Sunday April 30th

Post#2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Cheers much =}

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Bump
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Impulse
Admin

Post#4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:35 pm

The site is back online at the new server :)

Everything appears to be working properly but please let me know if you find any additional errors. I hope this will fix all the database errors we've been experiencing.
-Impulse

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#5 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:44 am

Impulse wrote:The site is back online at the new server :)

Everything appears to be working properly but please let me know if you find any additional errors. I hope this will fix all the database errors we've been experiencing.

SIte won't work for me after maintenance. It says DNS lookup failed for me now. But i reported it to my ISP's tech support and they will contact me back to resolve it! It works great ATM using proxy.
From love, with Russia :)

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#6 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:38 am

Strik3r91 wrote:
Impulse wrote:The site is back online at the new server :)

SIte won't work for me after maintenance. It says DNS lookup failed for me now. But i reported it to my ISP's tech support and they will contact me back to resolve it! It works great ATM using proxy.

It should start working correctly within a day or two at most. Some DNS servers are much slower than others to update. The verizon DNS I'm using has been slow to update as well. If it continues to be a problem we'll look into it.
Regards,
brourke228

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:42 pm

My avatar is too low , perhaps need to shrink its res ?

Impulse
Admin

Post#8 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:13 am

Strik3r91 wrote:SIte won't work for me after maintenance. It says DNS lookup failed for me now. But i reported it to my ISP's tech support and they will contact me back to resolve it! It works great ATM using proxy.

Sorry about that. As brourke228 said, certain isp's DNS are really slow to update. I imagine its working by now though.

mistamontiel wrote:My avatar is too low , perhaps need to shrink its res ?

Nah don't worry about that, it's fine on your end. This issue is related to an earlier code update. We implemented a css fix to place the avatar back inside the borders but it may still extend a bit. It looks fine on mobile and on your profile page though.
-Impulse

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#9 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 am

Impulse wrote:
Strik3r91 wrote:SIte won't work for me after maintenance. It says DNS lookup failed for me now. But i reported it to my ISP's tech support and they will contact me back to resolve it! It works great ATM using proxy.

Sorry about that. As brourke228 said, certain isp's DNS are really slow to update. I imagine its working by now though.

[Yesit works now! Thanks!
From love, with Russia :)