12%

Total votes: 26

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Re: Your Second Favorite Sega Console??

Post by Alec1382 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Alec1382 wrote:I like the 32X. It gets a bad rap. It's got a good balance of 2D and 3D games, and all of the 2D games have really nice visuals.
I'm not saying it's a bad console (or add-on as the case may be). I actually haven't even played it myself. I know there are a few good titles on it though. I'm just saying I couldn't see anyone voting for it as their second favorite Sega console.
Yeah, don't worry man, I know what you meant.

I just see the 32X as more of a bad idea than a bad console. In fact, last weekend, I was at a flea market searching for games. I asked a guy with a fairly big booth if he had any 32X games, and he said no. He started going on about how he never gets requests for the 32X because it was "a steaming pile of shit". I mean seriously, it's not that bad.

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Will return when I return and if not then I didn't.

Post by game_player_s »

Yeah, 32X wasn't bad persay, just had an ill-timed release for one thing... and the fact the entire first production run was recalled due to faulty hardware didn't help it any either. Okay, and it nearly put Sega out of business... <sigh>

There's a small used game store not two miles from where I live that simply can't get rid of their 32X game stock. I've gotten nearly every cartridge-based 32X game from them that my collection was missing for $5 each or less, save for Spider-Man: Web of Fire which just never turns up in the wild.

Ah, and I voted for the Genesis/MD. Was my favorite console of all time until the DC debuted.
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

#1 - DC
#2 - Saturn
#3 - Genesis/MD

CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Post by CD AGES »

#1 - DC
#2 - Saturn
#3 - Genesis/MD
This.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Raen
Toy Commander

Post by Raen »

Master System, because it was the one that I grew up with until the DC came along.

foxhound1022
noob

Post by foxhound1022 »

Saturn, because it lead the way for what the DC would become with mostly high-quality arcade ports of well loved games made accessible at home.

Oho
shadow

Post by Oho »

OK I know I am going to get shat on here but the DC is my second favourite console. My only redeeming feature is the my favourite is also another Sega console - the Saturn.
What I wouldn't have done for the sequel to Dragon Force to come out on the DC...

Please don't hate on me. I've had a bad run with Dreamcast consoles and I know it is not the fault of the console itself - it had excellent games and it's hardware was innovative and in a league of its own.
But the first DC I owned was sold to me half-working. The second DC never showed up and the guy believes he sent it to me and I think he is full of it.
The third one is to arrive any day now. I had to buy it from the US because postage from the UK was ridiculous and I had no end of problems buying DC's from UK. I've bought 4 Saturns and at least 100 games for various consoles (including DC) with no problems. And forget about buying a console from my own country. They START at $150. That's crack money.

If it helps, it's a close second. Like REAL close.

Barrys_Bapz
killer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Shenmue

Post by Barrys_Bapz »

I would have to say the PS2 sorry for defecting to the other side.
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

Post by mazonemayu »

the question is SEGA console Barry, not ANY console. does this mean you only have love for 1 sega console? ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

zerozerose7en
shadow

Post by zerozerose7en »

Sega Saturn yeah it has its flaws and no one knows what it is or any of the games that came out on it but for import fans its a perfect console. the games just have a strange feeling. nothing still quite like daytona or burning rangers. and that strange music player. the saturn is just a strange console. but the games while not many look good or play good in 3D have a weird original feeling.