32x opinions/suggestions

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: 32x opinions/suggestions

Post#21 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:53 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
MrSega wrote:Step #4. You'll see 2 flat white wires. THIS IS THE REASON THE SYSTEM FAILED. ... Using pliers, slowly & carefully remove them and plug them back in tightly.

Are you sure it's the white wire? It could be the red wire. What happens if you remove the wrong one?! :shock:

Ultrapro carefully removes the white wire...

Its the white wires. Trust me. If your a little confused, check out the link in my first post. It has pictures and a through and detailed description on how to properly dissasemble and reassemble 32X without damaging it.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#22 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:31 am

Lol jokers. Seriously though im not sure you've got that the right way round, the 32x fits fine on the md1, for the md2 u have to have a plastic "spacer" to get it to fit! And im still none the wiser about the metal static things, do they go in the md slot or the 32, slot?

If u mean the 2 big flat white cablesi actually did that already, im waiting for a new av cable to test it properly later on.

Cheers dude
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 am

ok stop the press I found some more definitive info about the 32x:

http://www.killedaway.com/32x.html

this goes into how the clips are used and I now know that they were intended to cut down interference to your tv picture if using RF leads, if you don't use the RF leads apparently you don't need them.

so now all I need is the new cable the ebay guy sent me, he assures me it will give sound without the need for the headphone jack bypass that I came up with, we shall see!! I also just need to clean the connectors on the bit that slots into the Mega Drive and HOPEFULLY having pulled out and reseated the white leads without being blown up it should all work perfectly!!

Will let you know anon

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#24 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 am

just won a cartridge only copy of PAL Cosmic Carnage for my 32x for a meesly £9 inc p+p!! I also bought a scart/rca cable for my Genesis 1, just waiting for my new 32x cable from the an ebay dude. once I get everything working, as I am still fairly confident (perhaps niaively so) that I will be able to capture from the whole thing, I will post videos of my now 5 strong 32x game library. I have the following:

Doom 32x (complete in box)
Virtua Racing Deluxe (complete in box)
Star Wars Arcade (complete in box)
Metal Head (complete in box)
Cosmic Carnage (cart only)

anyone else know of any others I should try and find? I am bidding on Knuckles Chaotix and am hopefully I will win a copy of that

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#25 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:anyone else know of any others I should try and find?

The 32X version of After Burner looks amazing. There's also Space Harrier. Mortal Kombat 2 was released on the 32X, and if you're willing to spend a bit, look into Kolibri.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:26 pm

nah I'm not willing to spend Kolibri money! That goes for £200+!! I am tempted to find the carts of Space Harrier and After Burner but I can't seem to find them lately

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#27 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah, I hear that 32X games in Europe go for insane prices. Bad luck, I suppose. But 200 pounds! That's ridiculous. I'd definitely get After Burner if you get the chance, though. Probably the best AB.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#28 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 pm

So I take it you're not interested in the flash cart?...

It's the only way to play all PAL 32X games on original hardware. Unless you are willing to spend over £1000 pounds for some games. If you can find them that is...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#29 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I've heard that the PAL versions of T-Mek and Primal Rage had less than 10 copies released each. DarXide is also incredibly expensive.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#30 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:26 am

T-Mek is certainly pretty rare but I think Primal Rage isn't quite as rare. After Burner certainly looks good but again I haven't seen a pal one for a long time

I wouldn't really be willing to consider a flash cart unless its fairly simply to setup/implement, go on Elmagico (wtf is with that avatar btw!!) explain how it works, I've no idea. I assume its just a cartridge with a flash card/SD card slot?

maybe someone can clarify, I hear a lot of conflicting info about the games and their compatibillities etc, some ARE fully region locked, some work on all regions, does anyone know a definitive source where I could confirm which games I could buy NTSC and which I have to get PAL??

Also when I opened up my 32x the board near the cart slot on top does actually say NTSC, does that mean anything though as the hardware was probably manufactured or assembled in the US?

ALSO I need to know about the AV cables, the AV out port is obviously different on the 32x to the MD1 and I see lots of cables on EBAY that say ONLY WORKS WITH MD2/MD3 or 32x, so does that mean it WON'T WORK with the 32x when its plugged into an md1??