32x opinions/suggestions

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Re: 32x opinions/suggestions

Post#51 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

yeah, see thing is? I'm a tight SOB, no way in hell am I going to fork out £100+ for something that will get maybe a couple hours use. IF I see the games cheap one day after the wedding, or even reasonably priced, I might pick them up, but at the moment I'm happy with my emulator ;)
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#52 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 am

Don't forget that flash cart works with both Mega Drive / Genesis and 32X games. I'm sure you would use it for more than just a few hours. Games like Alien Soldier alone make purchasing such a flash cart worth the money...

That, plus you did all that effort to get your setup up and running. To play games on an emulator?...

:?: :?: :?:
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#53 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 am

I'm quite happy to carry on using my setup as I prefer the real thing, I have probably all together 100+ games across Genesis, Sega CD, 32x and Master System so I will still play it on the original hardware, its just I can't justify spending hundreds of pounds on either; the games I want or the flash card thing, so as a stop gap for now I'm going to just use the emulator ONLY for the games that I don't have and can't afford

its excellent, its one emulator and it works for all genesis related system AND game gear AND Master System!! and I can install it on my laptop, connect my 360 controller to it and play it on the big screen in the front room.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#54 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:08 am

how nuts is that? I just saw t-mek on ebay for £2995!! It was PAL, no one knows apparently how many PAL copies were released, ridiculous amount of money!! whats crazier is it seems as though its actually been bought!!

on a somewhat related topic, I just bought Soul Star and Batman Returns for Sega CD, I've been playing them on the Fusion 364 emulator and really liked them and found them both pretty cheap on ebay so thought why not!

I'm still looking for a nice cheap copy of After Burner on 32x but for now my after burner 2 on mega drive will have to suffice lol

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#55 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:how nuts is that? I just saw t-mek on ebay for £2995!! It was PAL, no one knows apparently how many PAL copies were released, ridiculous amount of money!! whats crazier is it seems as though its actually been bought!!

on a somewhat related topic, I just bought Soul Star and Batman Returns for Sega CD, I've been playing them on the Fusion 364 emulator and really liked them and found them both pretty cheap on ebay so thought why not!

I'm still looking for a nice cheap copy of After Burner on 32x but for now my after burner 2 on mega drive will have to suffice lol

It's Timsega, shithead overpriced reseller number one..

And it didn't sell. He just put the auction down, that's all...

Also, not gonna push you anymore to buy that Everdrive flash cart.

You'll get to the conclusion that that's the best solution yourself eventually... ;)
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#56 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:how nuts is that? I just saw t-mek on ebay for £2995!! It was PAL, no one knows apparently how many PAL copies were released, ridiculous amount of money!! whats crazier is it seems as though its actually been bought!!

I've heard that there were only 10 PAL copies of T-Mek ever made. Could be completely untrue though.

Soul Star is fantastic. It really takes advantage of the hardware capabilities (ie. sprite scaling & rotation) to their fullest extent. I believe Batman Returns does the same.

I'm still hunting AB as well. One just came up for $40. More than I'd like to pay, but I might have to.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#57 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

yeah I'd like to pay maybe £20 or so for it, I'm also really tempted to buy Terminator on the Sega CD as that's got some good reviews

Elmagico, nah man I'm never gonna buy that, I have the emulator so I can see whatever games I want and then if I ever want to buy them I can do so with an informed decision, or if I can't afford it I can play it to my hearts content on the emulator ;)

latest 32x vid on my channel, check out Cosmic Carnage!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwVDWrcv_Js[/youtube]